Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Pure (Pure, #1)
This topic is about Pure
DUPLICATE/ABANDONED BUDDY READS > Pure (Pure #1) by Julianna Baggott → Start Date: April 18th, 2016

Comments Showing 1-50 of 51 (51 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Please join Vicki and I as we read the first book in the Pure series!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I can hardly wait to read this one with you! Woo hoo!

Thanks for making the thread.

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Your welcome! Me too! I just realized that two of these books have butterflies on the cover.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Really? I wonder if that's a sign. LOL

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Are you ready to start this book?

message 6: by Ashlyn (last edited Mar 14, 2016 10:59PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Finished Cabinets

I think the story is set up nicely. It should be a good one, or at least I hope.

OSR (view spoiler)

Hand and fan (view spoiler)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I have to my "pick me a winner" book tomorrow and then I'll start it.

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Okay. I just read the prologue and first chapter, but it doesn't have chapter numbers, so I just used the name. I will probably be reading this one slowly too if you don't mind.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments That works well for me...slow as molasses! LOL

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I'm so darn behind that I have only read about 20% of my pick me a winner book that was for Feb/March...ugh. I promise I'll get to this one.

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Don't worry about it. I probably won't be reading any more of this until Wednesday.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Oh okay cool then.

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Did you want to change the date of this one?

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Oh gosh, I guess so. When is good?

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Do any of these days works for you? April 11, 18, 22, or 23.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Any but the 24th.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I mean 23rd. Lol

Ashlyn | 2085 comments I changed the date to April 18.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Perfect! Thank you.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Are you ready?

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Yes, are you?

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Yes, and no. LOL I am going to start today/tonight after work. I'm still slowly reading several books, but I want to (need to) start so I can return it to the library.

Ashlyn | 2085 comments When is it due back at the library?

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I thought it was due this weekend but it's not due until May 7.

Ashlyn | 2085 comments I was going to say that we could read a certain number of chapters each week to finish by then, but there are no chapter numbers.

message 26: by Cal (new)

Cal (Cal's Reading Corner) (calsreadingcorner) | 360 comments I saw his book in the library last year, I saw a picture of if in my camera roll yesterday. I think this is my final sign to read it!!!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Ashlyn wrote: "I was going to say that we could read a certain number of chapters each week to finish by then, but there are no chapter numbers."

We could still read a specific number of pages. I don't have my book with me and I haven't started it yet...ugh...sorry. But I'd be good with a certain number of pages.

431 pages according to GR. So how many pages a week is that? LOL That's only approximately 24 pages a day. Does that work for you? For the next 3 weeks it'd be 168 pages a week. If I start it today it would be 72 pages by Friday. I will plan on doing that. Of course, there's probably a more natural break but without the book here I'm not sure what that would be.

Suggestions?

Ashlyn | 2085 comments I have finals coming up, so maybe we can come back every two days (about 48 pages) to discuss the book. That way I can make sure I can read, but also be able to study. How does this sound for every two days?

- Pages 1-54 (Partridge: Ticker)
- Pages 54-102 (Pressia: Shoe)
- Pages 102-151 (Partridge: Singing)
- Pages 151-195 (Pressia: Game)
- Pages 195-240 (Pressia: Oysters)
- Pages 240-293 (Pressia: Fairy Tale)
- Pages 293-344 (Lyda: It)
- Pages 344-389 (El Capitan: Above)
- Pages 389-End

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Perfect!! Is that starting today?

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Yes, if that is okay with you.

message 31: by Vicki (last edited Apr 20, 2016 10:42PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Perfect! Thank you for figuring it out. I put this here so I can keep myself on track by date. LOL

4/20: Pages 1-54 (Partridge: Ticker)
4/21: Pages 54-102 (Pressia: Shoe)
4/22: Pages 102-151 (Partridge: Singing)
4/23: Pages 151-195 (Pressia: Game)
4/24: Pages 195-240 (Pressia: Oysters)
4/25: Pages 240-293 (Pressia: Fairy Tale)
4/26: Pages 293-344 (Lyda: It)
4/27: Pages 344-389 (El Capitan: Above)
4/28: Pages 389-End

message 32: by Vicki (last edited Apr 21, 2016 01:26AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I only made it through page 23 tonight since I didn't start until nearly 1:00 AM. But I really like it so far.

Detonations (view spoiler)

Pressia (view spoiler)

Grandfather (view spoiler)

Partridge (view spoiler)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Finished through page 54 yesterday but was too busy to post anything. I'll try catching up today as much as possible.

Meeting (view spoiler)

Bradwell (view spoiler)

Fandra (view spoiler)

Ashlyn | 2085 comments I also finished that yesterday. I'm on my phone right now, so I will post later. Did you just want to read the 48 pages every two days, that way it is only 24 pages a day, but if we get behind we still have a day to catch up?

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments That works as well. I'm just about done with OG. 102.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Finished up to page 102

Silas: (view spoiler)

Ticker: (view spoiler)

Lyda (view spoiler)

Pressia (view spoiler)

Bradwell (view spoiler)

Ashlyn | 2085 comments I have also finished page 102. I have not been able to read your other posts yet, but I promise I will sometime today.

message 38: by Ashlyn (last edited Apr 23, 2016 09:56PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Vicki wrote: "I only made it through page 23 tonight since I didn't start until nearly 1:00 AM. But I really like it so far.

Detonations [spoilers removed]

Pressia [spoilers removed]

Grandfather [spoilers rem..."

I completely agree with you.

Grandfather (view spoiler)

Partridge (view spoiler)

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Vicki wrote: "Finished through page 54 yesterday but was too busy to post anything. I'll try catching up today as much as possible.

Meeting [spoilers removed]

Bradwell [spoilers removed]

Fandra [spoilers remo..."

Meeting (view spoiler)

Bradwell (view spoiler)

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Vicki wrote: "Finished up to page 102

Silas: [spoilers removed]

Ticker: [spoilers removed]

Lyda [spoilers removed]

Pressia [spoilers removed]

Bradwell [spoilers removed]"

Lyda (view spoiler)

Partridge (view spoiler)

Pressia (view spoiler)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Your spoiler (view spoiler)

I'm getting ready to go eat breakfast but I'm on page 143. I'm have a
"date" with my 8 year old granddaughter, so I'm posting now on my reading I've done.

Partridge (view spoiler)

I knew that Partridge and Bradwell (view spoiler)

Lombard (view spoiler)

Ashlyn | 2085 comments I've read through page 150, but I am too tired to post tonight.

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Pages 102-151:

Pressia and Bradwell (view spoiler)

Pressia (view spoiler)

El Captain (view spoiler)

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Did you ever finish this, or did you have to return it to the library?

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Oh my goodness, I totally forgot about this one! I need to get back to it if I can just catch my breath long enough! SO busy the last few weeks for school....SO BUSY!!!

Ashlyn | 2085 comments I completely understand. Do you want to change the date to sonetime in June?

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Let me see when it's due back when I get home from work and I'll let you know.

Our yearbook distribution is tomorrow and once the books are distributed it's crazy with students and parents trying to come in to buy books and check to see if they purchased one etc. PLUS (don't ask me why) our district has decided to train us on Windows 10 now! Why at the end of the school year I'll never know but I'm doing my training today. Ugh...I don't wanna!!! Lol

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Okay sounds good.

It seems like it is going to be hectic there. I don't really like Windows 10. It is much slower!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Oh no!! I don't like hearing that!

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Well, I also like Apple computers better, so that also might be why I don't like it.

« previous 1