Aleister: An Advanced Roleplay discussion

Information > Rules

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by dyanne (new)

dyanne | 115 comments Mod
♔ ] GENERAL ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
a. Please don't be an asshat. Don't stir up drama outside of roleplays. Make your grandmother proud by minding your manners and having common courtsey to all.

b. Cursing is allowed, so long as you don't curse at people.

c. Stay active. I know that everyone has other lives and groups outside of this one, but by joining this group, please be committed enough to at least drop in and chat, if that's all you can afford. If you will be absent for an extended period of time or leaving this group entirely, please let a mod know.
♔ ] CHARACTERS & ROLEPLAYING ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
a. Be reasonable. We have not applied any limitations when it comes to character making or collaborations, but please do not make any more face or character claims than you can handle and get involved in thirty-some collaborations when you will follow through with only five. You know your limits. Don't go overboard.

b. Be appropriate. Keep the gore and sex to a minimum. Goodreads does not allow explicit sexual content in any of their groups, so unless you want this group to be shut down, save the kinks for another time.

c. Be original. At no cost is plagarism ever acceptable; if you want to incorporate someone else's template, design, etc. into your own, for heaven's sake, ask. Characters cannot be from a book, tv show, movie, etc. but your own original creation. Recyling old characters is fine, however, so long as you revise them in whatever means necessary to fit the guidelines of this group.

d. Keep it balanced. As a general rule, whenever you make a magician, try to make a resident to balance it out. While there doesn't have to be an exact ratio, don't make all of your characters magicians, or all of your characters residents. Balance out the powers between your characters as well━ don't be afraid to try something you haven't done before.

e. Wait until your character has been approved before jumping into roleplays. This one is self-explanatory.

f. No Mary Sues, Gary Stus, overpowered characters, and powerplaying allowed. This should also be self-explanatory. Strive for realistic characters who are flawed and full of weakness as well as strength. It's no fun roleplaying with someone who's perfect, and it's definitely no fun to control another character's actions for your own benefit.

g. This is an advanced roleplay. I require a minimum of three lines per post on desktop format. I don't expect you to write a full-length novel, but keep in mind this is an advanced roleplay.

Please sign your name below to agree that you have read the rules and will adhere to them to the best of your abilities.

message 2: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) | 46 comments ~Meli~

message 3: by Evan (new)

Evan (evanny) | 35 comments Evan

message 4: by Kikki (last edited Feb 22, 2016 06:54PM) (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) I solemnly swear that I am up to no good...er wait, that I will follow all the rules? My charries wont most likely but I will haha

Kikki

message 5: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) | 48 comments rin

message 6: by sucre'd fiend (new)

sucre'd fiend (sucredfiend) | 39 comments fiend

message 7: by juno. (new)

juno. (junosummers) | 52 comments — Juno

message 8: by ʀᴇᴅ (new)

ʀᴇᴅ (urfavoritecolor) | 24 comments red

message 9: by Kate (new)

Kate Kate

message 10: by alex (new)

alex (awex) — alex

message 11: by danbii (new)

danbii (geulcais) | 1 comments Enna

message 12: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick) | 26 comments Alessia

Jasmine | ModernScrolls (modernscrolls) Jasmine

message 15: by ash. (new)

ash. Ashley

ѠĤĪƬƐ FĿΛMƐ | 3 comments White flame

message 17: by awkward potato (new)

awkward potato | 4 comments tori

message 18: by Ƒᴀվᘔᴀ... {Iɱ Ꮗҽíཞᗪ} (last edited Mar 21, 2016 10:32AM) (new)

Ƒᴀվᘔᴀ... {Iɱ Ꮗҽíཞᗪ} (lovefayfay) Fayza