Romance Audiobooks discussion

Archives-2016 Lst Challenge > Narrator Feature - Ashford MacNab (March 2016)

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (last edited Feb 22, 2016 01:21PM) (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4081 comments Mod
Polly Lee photo image_zps2obg9ffg.jpeg

Ashford MacNab/McNab is the pseudonym used by Polly Lee. Lee is the daughter of an Anglican minister and a novelist, raised in London, a graduate of the Charterhouse School in Surrey, and an apprentice of a celebrated Comedia del Arte theater company in Prague. She has narrated the Maiden Lane series of books, among others. Her voice can be heard in numerous ad campaigns for such clients. In addition to her extensive voice work she can often be seen “treading the boards” in New York City and across America and appearing on the small screen. She currently resides in Brooklyn with her husband, Mark, and her dog, Jasper, where she collects rare sherries from around the world.

Television Credits
The Americans
Donny!
Younger
Alpha House
Nurse Jackie
Gotham
Butterflies of Bill Baker
Christ in the City

Theater
Baggage
Fix Me, Jesus
Slag Heap
Lenin's Embalmers, Close Ties
Abigail's Party
Water
One Thing I Like to Say Is...
Demon Baby
The October Crisis
Living Room In Africa
Shakespeare In Hollywood
Candida
Day Zero

Audiography
as Polly Lee
The School for Good and Evil series by Soman Chamani
Lady of Ashes Mystery series by Christine Trent
In My Shoes: A Memoir by Tamara Melton and William Patrick
Wherlock series by Hannah Howell (also noted under Ashford MacNab)
A Life Without Limits: A World Champion's View by Chrissie Wellington
Twain & Stanley Enter Paradise by Oscar Hijuelos
To Hold the Bridge by Garth Nix
The Secret His Mistress Carried by Lynne Graham
The Rarest Blooms series by Madeline Hunter
Unclaimed by Courtney Milan
Impetuous Innocent by Stephanie Laurens
Mr. Darcy's Decision: A Sequel to Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice by Juliette Shapiro
The Christmas Ball by Sherrill Bodine
The Battling Bluestocking by Amanda Scott
Desired by Nicola Cornick
Benedict Hall series by Cate Campbell
One Hundred and Four Horses: A Memoir of Farm and Family, Africa and Exile by Mandy Retzlaff
Down to Earth Guide to Global Warming by Laurie David and Cambria Gordon
Always Emily by Michaela MacColl
Palace of Mirrors by Margaret Peterson Haddix
The Book of Summers by Emilya Hall
The Vagina: A Literary and Cultural History by Emma L. E. Rees
The Princess Plot by Kirsten Boie
Under His Influence by Justine Elyot
More Precious Than a Crown by Carol Marinelli
Charlotte Savage series by Mark Sennen
Mice by Gordon Reece
Best Friend to Wife and Mother? by Caroline Anderson
Another Me by Cathy MacPhail
Prehistoric Clock by Robert Appleton
The Lost Years of Jane Austen by Barbara Ker Wilson
Chasing Stars by Helen Douglas
Blood and Water: An Anglo-Iranian Love Story by Katharine Quarmby

as Ashford MacNab
Spinster Club series by Christie Kelley
Highland Brides series by Hannah Howell
Scandal of the Season by Christie Kelley
Becomes Her series by Shirlee Busbee
Heart of Darkness by Gena Showalter, Maggie Shayne and Susan Krinard
Four in Hand by Stephanie Laurens
Wild series by Lori Brighton

as Ashford McNab
Maiden Lane series by Elizabeth Hoyt
Duke of My Heart by Kelly Bowen
Winter's Desire by Amanda MacIntyre, Charlotte Featherstone and Kristi Astor
Bound for Sin: Three Stories of Wicked Temptation: 'Succubus', 'Wet Nurse', and 'Charity Begins' from Pleasure Bound by Susan Swann
Bound for Punishment: Three Stories of Strict Discipline: 'Domia', 'With Kid Gloves', and 'Therapy' from Pleasure Bound by Susan Swann
Bound to Obey: Three Stories of Domination: 'Seven Year Itch', 'The Huntress', and 'Peep Show' from Pleasure Bound by Susan Swann
Bound for Pleasure: Three Stories to Tease and Thrill: 'Looking Glass', 'The Music Lesson', and 'War Story' from Pleasure Bound by Susan Swann
Spice Briefs: Risqué Reunions by Portia Da Costa

message 2: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 533 comments I love Ashford MacNab...good to know her other credits. I will try to listen to one I don't already own lol

message 3: by Jonetta (last edited Feb 23, 2016 05:43AM) (new)

I'm going to continue with the Maiden Lane series. Lord of Darkness by Elizabeth Hoyt (#5) is up next for me.
Lord of Darkness (Maiden Lane, #5) by Elizabeth Hoyt

message 4: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1959 comments Mod
Jonetta wrote: "I'm going to continue with the Maiden Lane series. Lord of Darkness by Elizabeth Hoyt (#5) is up next for me.
Lord of Darkness (Maiden Lane, #5) by Elizabeth Hoyt"

Oh I should join you with that one. I have that up next. Or maybe I'll do Duke of My Heart (Season for Scandal, #1) by Kelly Bowen Duke of My Heart

message 5: by Lee (new)

Lee | 484 comments Funny story- the only book I have ever returned to Audible because I couldn't stand the narrator was Unclaimed- narrated by Polly Lee.

Didn't realize until I read this post that the same narrator as Ashford McNab is one I love narrating the Maiden Lane series :-)

message 6: by Jonetta (new)

That is funny, Lee.

message 7: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (oddiophile) Lee wrote: "Funny story- the only book I have ever returned to Audible because I couldn't stand the narrator was Unclaimed- narrated by Polly Lee.

Didn't realize until I read this post that th..."

You're completely free of contradiction on that one, Lee. Audible listed the narrator of Unclaimed as Polly Lee but it's actually Rebecca De Leeuw (who is Bianca Amato).

message 8: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments I'm probably going to listen to one of the Maiden Lane books (depending on my Audie listening)

message 9: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 533 comments Lol, I gave in on my promise to listen to something new. Doing a re-listen of the Spinster Club series.

message 10: by Lee (new)

Lee | 484 comments Kelli wrote: "Lee wrote: "Funny story- the only book I have ever returned to Audible because I couldn't stand the narrator was Unclaimed- narrated by Polly Lee.

Didn't realize until I read this ..."

Oh, thank goodness!

message 11: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Hmmm....I thought Ashford McNab was a man, lol!

message 12: by Jonetta (new)

Lol! I wasn't sure until I listened to a sample. I love her performances in the Maiden Lane series.

message 13: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1959 comments Mod
I thought I had never listened to her but I did listen to the first book in Maiden Lane series. I guess I didn't realize.

message 14: by Susan (new)

Susan (bzsusan79gmailcom) | 329 comments I just finished If He's Dangerous (Wherlocke #4) by Hannah Howell If He's Dangerous by Hannah Howell. I think the narration could have been wonderful, but the voicing for many of the men (especially Argus, and Max the butler) was disturbingly nasal and monotone. It took something away from my enjoyment of the book.

message 15: by Sue (new)

Sue | 1116 comments Jonetta wrote: "Lol! I wasn't sure until I listened to a sample. I love her performances in the Maiden Lane series."

Totally agree, did a great job with Maiden Lane.

message 16: by Sassafrass (new)

Sassafrass (sass-a-frass) | 327 comments I listened to Spice Briefs: Risqué Reunions because I already had it my library. It was quick and steamy. I thought all the narrators did a pretty decent job, but I have no idea which was Ashford McNab because they didn't introduce themselves prior to reading each individual novella. LOL

I'll have to listen to another book she narrated at some point to figure out who she is. LOL

message 17: by Jonetta (new)

Sassafrass wrote: "I listened to Spice Briefs: Risqué Reunions because I already had it my library. It was quick and steamy. I thought all the narrators did a pretty decent job, but I have no idea whi..."

Hate when that happens! I've used Audible to decipher who was whom.

message 18: by Jonetta (new)

I forgot I listened to Thief of Shadows in January!

message 19: by Jonetta (last edited Jun 13, 2016 06:28AM) (new)

Title: Thief of Shadows
Hours listened: 11 hours, 1 minute
Date Completed: 1/29/16
Rating: ★★★1/2