Seymour Library's Read More! 2016 Reading Challenge discussion

Book I've always wanted to read but haven't...

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynda (new)

Lynda | 3 comments Just want to put in a comment how much I am enjoying this challenge! It definitely has made me choose books outside of my normal comfort zone, and I am loving it!

I was home a few weeks ago with a cold, so was surfing TV looking for something to watch, and ended up watching "Bridget Jones's Diary." After watching, I searched online at imdb.com for background info on the movie, and discovered it was loosely based on Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice"...hmm...

Surfed online and ended up watching "Pride and Prejudice" with Keira Knightly, and loved it! So...off I went to the library to get the book; figured it would fit in to the "Book I've always wanted to read" category (did I read this in high school? Who knows...don't remember...).

Took a little bit of time to get my head around the writing style, but it was a great read..something I've always wanted to read but haven't. Definitely watching the movie helped me understand and follow the book better.

Now have added to my list "Longbourn" as my book that takes place in the past...the "belowstairs answer to Price and Prejudice," according to Amazon.

Thanks for this challenge - I never would have read either of these!

message 2: by Mary (new)

Mary (mary_r_lovell) | 2 comments Lynda wrote: "Just want to put in a comment how much I am enjoying this challenge! It definitely has made me choose books outside of my normal comfort zone, and I am loving it!

I was home a few weeks ago with a..."

I loved "Longbourn," hope you like it too! If you need a mystery and want to stay in the "Pride and Prejudice" realm, try "Death Comes to Pemberley" by P.D. James, which is also a wonderful mini-series.

message 3: by Lynda (new)

Lynda | 3 comments Great idea! I actually did watch the mini-series during that same stay at home sick time, lol, so will grab the book to fill in the blanks, thanks!