The History Book Club discussion

ARCHIVE > CHENGKAI'S 50 BOOKS READ IN 2016

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jill (last edited Feb 22, 2016 10:43AM) (new)

Jill Hutchinson (bucs1960) Chengkai, here is your new thread in 2016. Happy reading in the new year.

Our Required Format:

JANUARY

1. My Early Life, 1874-1904 by Winston S. Churchill by Winston S. Churchill Winston S. Churchill
Finish date: January 2016
Genre: (whatever genre the book happens to be)
Rating: A
Review: You can add text from a review you have written but no links to any review elsewhere even goodreads. And that is about it. Just make sure to number consecutively and just add the months.

message 2: by chengkaizhu (last edited Feb 25, 2016 08:38PM) (new)

chengkaizhu | 4 comments February

1. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter #4) by J.K. Rowling by J.K. Rowling J.K. Rowling
Finish date: 02/25/2016
Genre: Novel
Rating: A
Review: I listen the audible book, read by Jim Dale. it is really a long story, take me three days to listen. The plot is wonderful and the author maybe know every plot development before writing.
I am interested in three points.
1. Hermione want to set the slaves(house-elf) free, but not only the people says it is there are job, but also the (house-elf) themselfves enjoy giving service to their master. however I know their magic power is much strong than human.
2. "Muggle" is a main clue of the text(like racial prejudice), Malfoy always irritate Hermione and Ron by say these similar words.
3. I always heard wired accent, so I concerned western countries always play joke in accent?
In sum, it is not only a novel but also contains many sensitive topics.

message 3: by Jill (last edited Feb 25, 2016 08:41PM) (new)

Jill Hutchinson (bucs1960) Good start, Chengkaizhu but just a couple of things. Please put February in caps at the top of your post. Also, you forgot to put "Genre" in your format. You also need to cite the book and author using the required format as shown in my example.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter #4) by J.K. Rowling by J.K. Rowling J.K. Rowling

You might want to go to the following link to familiarize yourself with the mechanics of book/author citations.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 4: by chengkaizhu (new)

chengkaizhu | 4 comments Jill wrote: "Good start, Chengkaizhu but just a couple of things. Please put February in caps at the top of your post. Also, you forgot to put "Genre" in your format. You also need to cite the book and author u..."

Thanks Jill, am I right now?

message 5: by Jill (new)

Jill Hutchinson (bucs1960) You are except put February in bold caps and you are right on target. Good job.

message 6: by Bentley, Group Founder, Leader, Chief (new)

Bentley | 44207 comments Mod
Like this:

FEBRUARY

message 7: by Vicki, Assisting Moderator - Ancient Roman History (new)

Vicki Cline | 3835 comments Mod
Chengkaizhu, if you're not sure how to make text bold, click on the "(some html is ok)" link just above and to the right of the box where you put your comments.