It's Not Just a Book Club discussion

The Sleeper and the Spindle
This topic is about The Sleeper and the Spindle
BOTM Discussion > The Sleeper and the Spindle by Neil Gaiman

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Keira (last edited Feb 23, 2016 01:10AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Keira (keira_rogan) | 377 comments Mod
This will be the Graphic Novel read for March and will be hosted by Jackie. Please comment below if you will be reading this and I will add you to the list of readers :)

People reading this book:
Jackie
Keira
Tasha (tentative)
Ashley

This looks beautiful, interesting and I'm really excited to read it.

Ashley Jolly Vater | 65 comments I will be reading this!

Ashley wrote: "I will be reading this!"

Awesome!

Jacqueline (Fall In Love With The Sound of Words) (jackey_Oh) Hi guys!

I am so excited to be reading and hosting this book for our first Graphic Novel pick!!
I really love Neil Gaiman’s ability to just sweep you away with words, and his world building is magical.

This is a re-read for me. I first read this in a short story format in Gaiman's recent Anthology Trigger Warning (which I highly recommend!). I am thrilled to be reading this GN because the images are beautiful, much like the story itself. I love a good tale is a kick-ass woman saving the day! Princes are nice to have around but we don't NEED them to save us; we are quite capable of that ourselves! :)

So this is a super short read, and I am sure most of us can get it done in a day. So there won't be a schedule. Read it however you like and come back and tell us what you thought.

For this book I think we should use the spoiler section for discussion. If you want to discuss anything Gaiman related or fairy tale related we can use the spoiler free zone.

Happy Reading!

Well, um.... I finished this in February. At the end, I couldn't bare the anticipation, caved and read it... it was good though!

Jacqueline (Fall In Love With The Sound of Words) (jackey_Oh) Wonderful! I am really glad you enjoyed it. This is one of my favorite Gaiman short stories, plus it is a very quick read!

Jacqueline (Fall In Love With The Sound of Words) wrote: "Wonderful! I am really glad you enjoyed it. This is one of my favorite Gaiman short stories, plus it is a very quick read!"

Talk about it. Took me like, half an hour :) I'll be reviewing it... but I think I need to write the reviews for the February books first: I still have four to write!

Jacqueline (Fall In Love With The Sound of Words) (jackey_Oh) Yeah, I think your idea of having a Verse and GN each month is good, considering most of the books in these categories will be super quick!

I look forward to seeing your review. I feel you, I think my last two lost some of their oomph because I was trying to get them out so fast!

Jacqueline (Fall In Love With The Sound of Words) wrote: "Yeah, I think your idea of having a Verse and GN each month is good, considering most of the books in these categories will be super quick!

I look forward to seeing your review. I feel you, I thin..."

Yeah. I'm just going with the short-sweet-teaser type style, which I much prefer anyway! I just did one and I feel like I'm.... giving people a specific taster and my opinions and any problems I have with a book and not psychoanalysing it and writing a school paper! I think I'm going to write them pretty quickly, I just don't want to post them one after each other. So I'm going to post one, another post, a review, another post etc.

Jacqueline (Fall In Love With The Sound of Words) (jackey_Oh) I like that idea! I think I will go the same route from now on...unless I feel strongly about the novel, because sometimes I can go on and on lol. But short and sweet sounds really good...especially considering the amount of books we are reading for the club.

Jacqueline (Fall In Love With The Sound of Words) wrote: "I like that idea! I think I will go the same route from now on...unless I feel strongly about the novel, because sometimes I can go on and on lol. But short and sweet sounds really good...especiall..."

Exactly! Like, with my favourite book of the month last month (Temeraire) I did 'Top Ten Reasons You Should Read This Book'.

Ashley Jolly Vater | 65 comments Dang it, I completely forgot to pick this up from the library! I got 3 the other day, 2 of them for other books for this book club!

Ashley wrote: "Dang it, I completely forgot to pick this up from the library! I got 3 the other day, 2 of them for other books for this book club!"

That's annoying! Which ones did you pick up?

Ashley Jolly Vater | 65 comments The Darkest Part of the Forest and the curious incident dog one for the group and then Fairest!

Ashley wrote: "The Darkest Part of the Forest and the curious incident dog one for the group and then Fairest!"

Fairest is good! And cool!

Jacqueline (Fall In Love With The Sound of Words) (jackey_Oh) My review for The Sleeper and the Spindle is up on the blog :)

https://itsnotjustabookclub.wordpress...

My review for The Sleeper and the Spindle:

https://rogantallulah.wordpress.com/2...