What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Sci fi story where beast is killed by sonic device? [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steven (new)

Steven Jewell | 13 comments I think this novel/story may be too obscure to find, but I wanted to try anyway. I read it on my dad's kindle around 2009/10. He really likes to read as many sci fi novels as possible, but they're usually by totally unfamous authors. I know there is a way to see which books you have purchased on a kindle, but this one doesn't appear to be on that list.

Anyway, it's a story that takes place in the arctic. One of those classic "we dug up something old and evil," if I recall correctly. It's some sort of beast (wolf?) that can't be killed, supernatural-style. Anyway, the protagonist guy figures out at the end that he can "kill" it with this sonic weapon that explodes its head. But after they leave and come back, the corpse is gone. (It's immortal woahhh). I didn't love it, but I'd like to add it to my list of read books. As you can see it was slightly forgettable.. Any help is greatly appreciated!

message 2: by Peter (new)

Peter Meilinger | 474 comments Maybe Terminal Freeze by Lincoln Child?

message 3: by Steven (new)

Steven Jewell | 13 comments Peter wrote: "Maybe Terminal Freeze by Lincoln Child?"
That is it! I was going to add that I thought it had something to do with a Native American legend but I was afraid that was a false memory. Thank youuuuu.