Beta Reader Group discussion

Writing Advice & Discussion > Character Drawing

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Peter (new)

Peter Gassner | 32 comments Just a question, has anyone drawn or had someone else draw a character in the novel they are writing?

I had my main character drawn and it really helps with writing.

message 2: by Safa (new)

Safa Shaqsy (safashaqsy) | 13 comments I didn't had any drawings of my characters. I usually keep notes of how my characters look like. it helps me in my writing..

message 3: by Peter (new)

Peter Gassner | 32 comments I have notes but an acquaintance drew it and it adds something new to how you write your character.

message 4: by K.P. (new)

K.P. Merriweather (kp_merriweather) | 129 comments all the time 。^‿^。

message 5: by Caroline Cairn (new)

Caroline Cairn | 22 comments I don't draw them, but I always find a pic of the character I have in my head on the internet, and keep it in a folder. I found it helps with description and makes the character more "real" to me.

message 6: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Tarn (barbaragtarn) I have a virtual cast in my head AND sometimes I draw them! Writer-artist Barb

message 7: by Peter (new)

Peter Gassner | 32 comments I'm not sure if it's right with this forum but I reckon it would be cool if we could share what our characters look like through their drawings!

message 8: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Tarn (barbaragtarn) I don't know you, but my characters are always on the cover of my books - I'm character-oriented like that, LOL! :) (and that's why I draw my own covers or hire artists that don't use photos for covers, haha)

message 9: by Narayan (new)

Narayan Liu (narayanliu) | 1 comments I do rough sketches of certain characters, just to get a feel of what he/she is about or how I can improve on their appearance. It doesn't happen too often however.

message 10: by Peter (new)

Peter Gassner | 32 comments It certainly adds something new when you write about your character when it's been drawn.