Read A Song Of Ice And Fire 2016 discussion

A Clash of Kings  (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2)
This topic is about A Clash of Kings
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
A Clash of Kings Discussions > 63 ~ Daenerys V *** Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Roseanne, RRRM (new) - rated it 5 stars

Roseanne | 674 comments Mod
63 ~ Daenerys V *** Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

message 2: by Brianna (last edited Apr 28, 2016 05:20PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Brianna (bebecburt) | 562 comments thoughts while reading:
"Her whole life had been one long fight, it seemed." ← I hope Dany finds a resting place. She's pretty much always been on the move.
"Child of three, they had called her, "daughter of death, slayer of lies, bride of fire. So many threes. Three fires, three mounts to ride, three treasons."
Why are the ship masters not wanting to help or have dragons aboard? I'd imagine people would be in awe and want to help since they haven't been seen in centuries.
If she wanted people to know the dragons are returned, why not use the names of her own dragons? Are those three the most recognizable dragon names?

message 3: by Ria (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 440 comments Brianna wrote: "If she wanted people to know the dragons are returned, why not use the names of her own dragons? Are those three the most recognizable dragon names? "
I think it's symbolic - she would conquer Westeros just like Aegon did all those centuries ago. And besides, no one knows the names of her dragons, like you pointed out, so I assume it's also a scare tactic.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.