Read A Song Of Ice And Fire 2016 discussion

A Clash of Kings  (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2)
This topic is about A Clash of Kings
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
A Clash of Kings Discussions > 58 ~ Davos III *** Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Roseanne, RRRM (new) - rated it 5 stars

Roseanne | 674 comments Mod
58 ~ Davos III *** Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

LENA TRAK | 221 comments Poor Ser Davos.. He expected this disaster...

LENA TRAK | 221 comments Why doesn't Melisandre send this evil shadow son of Stanis to kill Joffrey??

message 4: by Roseanne, RRRM (new) - rated it 5 stars

Roseanne | 674 comments Mod
LENA wrote: "Why doesn't Melisandre send this evil shadow son of Stanis to kill Joffrey??"

I like that idea. Anything to get rid of Joeffrey

message 5: by Omar (new) - added it

Omar Foster | 44 comments The commanders told Stannis that war is no place for women and that if he Won it would be because of Melisandre instead of him. So he sent her back to Dragonstone

Terry ~ Huntress of Erudition LENA wrote: "Why doesn't Melisandre send this evil shadow son of Stanis to kill Joffrey??"

Great idea!!

Brianna (bebecburt) | 562 comments thoughts while reading:
If people are... lesser born? (not noble), do they not have last names at all? Davos refers to himself from before being knighted simply as Davos of Flea Bottom.
Not gonna lie... totally skimmed this chapter. Ship battles are even more boring to read than battles on land....
"The mouth of the Blackwater Rush had turned into the mouth of hell."

Terry ~ Huntress of Erudition You're not alone, Brianna - I started skimming a lot of the battles towards the end of book 2.

message 9: by Ria (last edited May 14, 2016 03:56AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 440 comments LENA wrote: "Why doesn't Melisandre send this evil shadow son of Stanis to kill Joffrey??"
Even if they hadn't send Melisandre away, I don't think Stannis would want to win this battle with magic. He's too righteous for that, so I'm pretty sure using the shadows is a last resort to him. Killing Renly and the knight who was keeping Storm's End (forgot his name) was simply a means to an end for him and that end is killing Joffrey. By using the shadows, he was able to keep all his soldiers alive and gain quite a few new ones. Besides, if Joffrey dies, that doesn't necessarily mean the throne goes to Stannis. There's still Tommen and Myrcella, not to mention Cersei and Tyrion. Besides, the people would have to see him win if they are to accept him as their ruler.

Brianna wrote: "thoughts while reading:
If people are... lesser born? (not noble), do they not have last names at all? Davos refers to himself from before being knighted simply as Davos of Flea Bottom."

I think so, yeah.

Vishakha Motwani (vimo) | 150 comments Ria wrote: "If people are... lesser born? (not noble), do they not have last names at all? Davos refers to himself from before being knighted simply as Davos of Flea Bottom."
I think so, yeah."

Isn't Davos' last name Seaworth?

message 11: by Ria (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 440 comments Vishakha wrote: "Isn't Davos' last name Seaworth? "
Yes, but he got it after he was knighted.

Vishakha Motwani (vimo) | 150 comments Ria wrote: "Vishakha wrote: "Isn't Davos' last name Seaworth? "
Yes, but he got it after he was knighted."

Ahhh! Missed that totally..

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.