Read A Song Of Ice And Fire 2016 discussion

A Clash of Kings  (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2)
This topic is about A Clash of Kings
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
A Clash of Kings Discussions > 47 ~ Arya IX *** Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Roseanne, RRRM (new) - rated it 5 stars

Roseanne | 674 comments Mod
47 ~ Arya IX *** Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

message 2: by Omar (new) - added it

Omar Foster | 44 comments I don't get why Arya doesn't reveal herself here. The Boltons and Glovers are Stark bannermen

Terry ~ Huntress of Erudition I think Jaqen H'ghar is going to figure prominently in the future. I would like to know more about him.

LENA TRAK | 221 comments I think a man should fall in love with a girl when she comes of age!!! That's how I picture Arya and Jaqen in the future. I suspect the many face god has different plans though...

Brianna (bebecburt) | 562 comments thoughts while reading:
Arya is sneaky! I like it. lol
Jaqen definitely has a soft spot for Arya and it's kind of adorable. He also seems to be really annoyed with her.
So... I'm not quite sure what happened. Did the Bloody Mummers switch who they were supporting? Is that how Bolton got to be in charge?

Terry ~ Huntress of Erudition LENA wrote: "I think a man should fall in love with a girl when she comes of age!!! That's how I picture Arya and Jaqen in the future. I suspect the many face god has different plans though..."
Yes! That would be great, he might be a little too magical though, is he actually real?

message 7: by Ria (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 440 comments I have a theoretical question. Jaqen said he would kill any man whose name Arya said, even if it takes him a month, or two, or a year. But what happens if said man (or woman) dies before Jaqen can get to him(her)? Can Arya say another name in that case, or is the debt paid? What do you guys think?

Also, the way she played him was really smart. It was also clever of her not to trust Bolton with her real name.

message 8: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (last edited Apr 24, 2016 06:30AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie)   | 1283 comments Mod
Oh that is a good question. I think he is a stand up guy who would give her another pick..

message 9: by Ria (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 440 comments I'm not sure he has a choice here. Maybe he has to act in a certain way? Like, maybe there are rules he has to follow? Otherwise why would he offer to kill three people for Arya? Could've been out of the goodness of his heart, but I somehow doubt it. If that were the case, he wouldn't have minded saving the northmen in the first place.

message 10: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 4 stars

Oh and it's too bad she never chose Joffrey or Tywin instead.

message 11: by LENA (new) - rated it 5 stars

LENA TRAK | 221 comments ♪ Leslie (aka Basesloaded32) wrote: "Oh and it's too bad she never chose Joffrey or Tywin instead."

I was thinking about the same thing... She should simply name these 2, Jof and Tywin and everything would be over... (view spoiler)

Brianna (bebecburt) | 562 comments It's such a conundrum for her. If she were to choose Tywin or Joffrey, things may be over, but who knows how long it would take for it to happen. Thus, she probably focused on immediate action so she could escape.

message 13: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yes Lena. Me too. I look forward to it in the book too.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.