Read A Song Of Ice And Fire 2016 discussion

A Clash of Kings  (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2)
This topic is about A Clash of Kings
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
A Clash of Kings Discussions > 36 ~ Tyrion VIII *** Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Roseanne, RRRM (new) - rated it 5 stars

Roseanne | 674 comments Mod
36 ~ Tyrion VIII *** Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

message 2: by Ria (last edited Apr 07, 2016 03:14PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 440 comments I've come to realise that a character's death is nowhere near as painful to read as the grief of those who loved them. I don't care so much about Renly, but I can't not empathise with Loras and it pains me to read about how he's dealing with such a loss. Brienne too. It's the same with Catelyn and Ned, though I didn't feel that during my first read, because he was my favourite character and I was in the process of doing my own mourning.

That's not extremely profound, but you can read it if you're all caught up with the show and/or have read the entire third book: (view spoiler)

PS. Don't you think it's really annoying how you can never tell whether a tagged spoiler will be a spoiler or not? Like if you've read/watched ahead, but haven't finished the entire series, you never know which part of the books the spoiler refers to.

message 3: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 4 stars

Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie)   | 1283 comments Mod
Yes. So I just opened it to find out? lol

Brianna (bebecburt) | 562 comments thoughts while reading:
I wonder where Renly's corpse went!
"Joffrey is made of finer stuff." ← LOL!
I wonder why Littlefinger wants to go talk to the Tyrells.
Hmm, Cersei apologizing to Tyrion... that seems odd!

Apparently I wonder about a lot in this book! lol

message 5: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 4 stars

Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie)   | 1283 comments Mod
lol If the reader is left Wondering I think is a true sign of a good book.

And yeah I never thought of Renly's corpse - No clue what ever happened to it.

message 6: by Ria (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 440 comments ♪ Leslie (aka Basesloaded32) wrote: "Yes. So I just opened it to find out? lol"
Well, I just found it really ironic, 'cause (view spoiler) I warned you it's not profound :D

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.