Read A Song Of Ice And Fire 2016 discussion

A Clash of Kings  (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2)
This topic is about A Clash of Kings
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
A Clash of Kings Discussions > 28 ~ Bran IV *** Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Roseanne, RRRM (new) - rated it 5 stars

Roseanne | 674 comments Mod
28 ~ Bran IV *** Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

message 2: by Omar (new) - added it

Omar Foster | 44 comments I don't get why Bran doesn't tell people he remembers what he saw, he could be the proof to get rid of the Lannisters

LENA TRAK | 221 comments I think he fears that nobody will believe him... And what use is it if he tells the truth? The Lannisters will claim he is a traitor like his father and they will propably go after him too. They are already after his brother Robb. Ned tried to tell the truth, Stanis tried to tell the truth.. They are just too strong, their roots go deep and their alliances are strong.

message 4: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (last edited Mar 18, 2016 05:10PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie)   | 1283 comments Mod
Taken from the summary page:

"Meera leaves Bran with another of Jojen’s dreams, that one day soon Maester Luwin will serve him a king’s cut off the roast at a great feast, but the portion he gives to the Walders will be grey and dead, yet they will like their meal better than he."

This dream has got me thinking. I wonder what the heck this one means. I look forward to reading on and finding this out. Bran's chapters are my favorite. I know a lot don't like these parts but I love them.

Brianna (bebecburt) | 562 comments thoughts while reading:
I wonder how/why Greywater Watch moves.
I feel like this will be a somewhat intense/informative chapter.
Jojen dream #1→ "...a winged wolf bound to earth with grey stone chains...a crow was trying to peck through the chains, but the stone was too hard and his beak could only chip at them."
What's a lizard-lion? a dragon?
Jojen dream #2→ "of you and your fosterling brothers (the Walders)... sitting at supper, but instead of a servant, Maester Luwin brought you your food. He served you the king's cut off the roast, the meat rare and bloody, but with a savory smell that made everyone's mouth water. The meat he served the Freys was old and grey and dead. Yet they liked their supper better than you liked yours."

"So long as there was magic, anything could happen. Ghosts could walk, trees could talk, and broken boys could grow up to be knights."

message 6: by Ria (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 440 comments ♪ Leslie (aka Basesloaded32) wrote: "Taken from the summary page:

"Meera leaves Bran with another of Jojen’s dreams, that one day soon Maester Luwin will serve him a king’s cut off the roast at a great feast, but the portion he gives..."

Yes! I love Bran's chapters, too, they're one of my favourites. (even though I don't particularly care much for Bran himself, I mean, I only have positive feelings, but nothing too strong). I'd totally missed the supper dream during my first reading. This is how I understand it: Bran has this power he doesn't fully understand and so hasn't embraced yet, but it makes him a very important person, someone who might change the world. However, he's not happy with it, because he's set his mind on being a knight and nothing else would make him happy (even being a lord or a prince, even though that's what most knights strive for). Meanwhile, the Walders have been dealt a pretty shitty hand - they're nobodies, simply two Freys in a world of Freys. Yet they are proud of it and don't miss an occasion to mention how powerful and important they are. I'm not sure what Maester Luwin has to do with it, though, so it might be I'm completely (or at least partially) wrong. Plus, it's probably something more profound than my "insight" :D

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.