Read A Song Of Ice And Fire 2016 discussion

A Clash of Kings  (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2)
This topic is about A Clash of Kings
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
A Clash of Kings Discussions > 24 ~ Theon II *** Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Roseanne, RRRM (new) - rated it 5 stars

Roseanne | 674 comments Mod
24 ~ Theon II *** Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

Lisa (flip18uk) I'm struggling with Theon, he's very unlikeable thus far. Maybe something will happen in this book, or future ones, to change my mind?
Didn't realise that it was going to be his sister - unexpected and cringeworthy twist (although should be getting use to it by now!)

message 3: by Roseanne, RRRM (new) - rated it 5 stars

Roseanne | 674 comments Mod
At one point or another I have disliked almost every character. I think George likes to make us hate people and then change our minds. I have changed my mind more than once on so many of the characters over the course of reading the first three books.

message 4: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 4 stars

Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie)   | 1283 comments Mod
OK I already cracked and opened this post.
I suck at self restraint.

Amie Merker | 7 comments I too am struggling with Theon. I do not want to like him (mostly based on what I have seen on the show), but a small part of me feels sorry for him. He is a lost soul, and being taken from the Iron Islands at such a young age, I feel like his family has shunned him.

message 6: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 4 stars

Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie)   | 1283 comments Mod
I have a love/hate relationship with Theon.

message 8: by Omar (new) - added it

Omar Foster | 44 comments Theon is such an idiot lol. I kinda don't mind him though

Hazel Mercer (hazeofthemorning) I absolutely ADORE Asha! She is such an underrated character!

Terry ~ Huntress of Erudition Hazel wrote: "I absolutely ADORE Asha! She is such an underrated character!"

Yes! Why don't we hear more about her?

Brianna (bebecburt) | 562 comments thoughts while reading:
That's kind of messed up that Asha would trick Theon like that. I kind of like her though.
I kind of like how they do it differently on the Iron Islands. They honor strength over bloodlines. Bloodlines are not exactly the best-look at the Mad King and Joffrey.
"When my sons have struck their blows...." Lord Balon just called Asha one of his sons... lol

message 12: by Ria (last edited Apr 03, 2016 07:14AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 440 comments This chapter was painful to read. And that's not just because I already knew who Esgrid was and felt super embarrassed for Theon from the beginning of the chapter (it was one of those moments where it's so embarrassing you just want to stop reading/watching). I admit that he is far from being a nice person, but he's wanted to go home for so long and finally he's there, but everybody humiliates him and no one even thinks about giving him the opportunity to prove himself. I hate that and it's obvious he's hurting, too. (view spoiler)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.