Read A Song Of Ice And Fire 2016 discussion

A Clash of Kings  (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2)
This topic is about A Clash of Kings
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
A Clash of Kings Discussions > 22 ~ Catelyn II *** Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Roseanne, RRRM (new) - rated it 5 stars

Roseanne | 674 comments Mod
22 ~ Catelyn II *** Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

message 2: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 4 stars

Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie)   | 1283 comments Mod
Brienne of Tarth & Margaery Tyrell are finally in this book! Yay!

From the tv show I know I like the storylines involving both these characters.

I don't really understand this comment from Brienne, do you?

“Winter will never come for the likes of us. Should we die in battle, they will surely sing of us, and it’s always summer in the songs. In the songs all knights are gallant, all maids are beautiful, and the sun is always shining.”

Like is she in denial that winter is coming?

message 3: by Terry ~ Huntress of Erudition (last edited Mar 13, 2016 07:53PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Terry ~ Huntress of Erudition ♪ Leslie (aka Basesloaded32) wrote: "Brienne of Tarth & Margaery Tyrell are finally in this book! Yay!

I don't really understand this comment from Brienne, do you?

It sounds like she is saying they are likely to die before winter ever comes and the songs that will be sung to remember them by will only be about the pleasant times.

message 4: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 4 stars

Oh ok. Well ain't she a 'glass is half empty' kinda' girl!

Thanks for clarification.

Brianna (bebecburt) | 562 comments thoughts while reading:
Nothing good seems to come of heading South for any of the people from the North.
"Real enemies on every side and half the realm in flames, and Renly sits here playing at war like a boy with his first wooden sword." ← I agree that it's not the smartest idea for them to be hosting this tournament. It's tiring good fighters and I'm sure able bodied men die that they could use if there's actually a battle.
It's interesting that people are upset that Loras lost because it was a trick to pull him off his horse and yet Loras picked a horse in heat when going against the Mountain. Hypocrisy much?
"They are boys drunk on song and story, and like all boys, they think themselves immortal."
"Because they are the knights of summer and winter is coming."
I wonder where Barristan Selmy ended up.

Terry ~ Huntress of Erudition Brianna wrote: "thoughts while reading:
Nothing good seems to come of heading South for any of the people from the North.
"Real enemies on every side and half the realm in flames, and Renly sits here playing at wa..."

Exactly - well said.

message 7: by Ria (last edited Apr 03, 2016 05:53AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 440 comments Martin keeps using the "[adjective] of [noun]" formula to describe people (aka thick/long of limb and so on). Sets me in a Hannibal mood, I mean, it starts to sound like a recipe. I know it's not funny and I shouldn't be laughing, yet I am :D

message 8: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ria wrote: "Martin keeps using the "[adjective] of [noun]" formula to describe people (aka thick/long of limb and so on). Sets me in a Hannibal mood, I mean, it starts to sounds like a recipe. I know it's not ..."

haha!

Vishakha Motwani (vimo) | 150 comments It seems like Renly and Tyrells are under an assumption that they are surely going to win the Iron Throne, also that Rob and Stannis would help them, but Stannis showing up on his doorstep was quite a good end to this chapter!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.