Read A Song Of Ice And Fire 2016 discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
A Clash of Kings Discussions > 12 ~ Daenerys I *** Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Roseanne, RRRM (new)

Roseanne | 674 comments Mod
12 ~ Daenerys I *** Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

message 2: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new)

Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie)   | 1283 comments Mod
This chapter was quite good. I really have a new understanding of Jorah. Poor guy.

He was talking about how he "begged her (Lynesse) favor to wear in the tourney". He knotted it around her arm. What the hell is a favor? I have never heard of this.

And that woman sounds horrible. He bent over backwards for her and nothing was ever good enough. Aw poor Jorah.  photo crying-waterfalls_zpsype1rrka.gif

Terry ~ Huntress of Erudition ♪ Leslie (aka Basesloaded32) wrote: "This chapter was quite good. I really have a new understanding of Jorah. Poor guy.

He was talking about how he "begged her (Lynesse) favor to wear in the tourney". He knotted it around her arm. Wh..."

I think a "favor" is like a scarf or bandana, or maybe lace ripped from her bodice...

message 4: by Brianna (new)

Brianna (bebecburt) | 562 comments thoughts while reading:
Seriously so many people are saying this comet is for them. I'm still really curious the true meaning of it.
"She felt older than her fourteen years. If ever she had truly been a girl, that time was done." ← basically.
I really, really do not like Lynesse.
Hmm, I wonder what these three people really want. I'm also curious why they all spoke in a different language.

message 5: by Brendan (new)

Brendan | 133 comments Mod
The favor practice was a popular tradition back in medieval times which Martin is drawing from. Way better then the "love apple" tradition that they used to do. In this tradition the couple would leave fruit under their armpits to soak up the body oder scent. When it was rotted and stinky they were presented to each other so that they would be remembered during battle in far away lands. Gross practice but middle and high schoolers love being taught this nugget of medieval history. I had one student bring in apples for all of the girls one time. LOL!!! Anyway, one thing that struck me in this chapter is the ending. The three from Quarth to me seem a little shady. They just want the dragons. They can't be trusted. Also could Quarth be the ones that caused this city to be in ruins??? Or other cities for that matter?

message 6: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new)

Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie)   | 1283 comments Mod
Ewwww, gross practice indeed.

And I take special note that if a guy tries to bring me an apple, politely decline !!!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.