Read A Song Of Ice And Fire 2016 discussion

A Clash of Kings  (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2)
This topic is about A Clash of Kings
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
A Clash of Kings Discussions > 7 ~ Catelyn I *** Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Roseanne, RRRM (new) - rated it 5 stars

Roseanne | 674 comments Mod
7 ~ Catelyn I *** Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

Brianna (bebecburt) | 562 comments thoughts while reading:
I kind of like that Catelyn acknowledges she pushed Ned to Kings Landing and ultimately his death.
I think Robb's demands are fairly reasonable, but we know that the Lannisters are kind of greedy and will probably laugh and say no.
Apparently Catelyn thinks Robb wanted too much from his demands?
I understand Catelyn not trusting Balon, but why doesn't she trust Theon?
How did Harrenhal end up cursed? It seems like it was cursed before the dragons came (or as they came).

Hazel Mercer (hazeofthemorning) By the end of this chapter Robb really got on my nerves. Cat has the right of it. He may be a "king" but he is also a child.

message 4: by Ria (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 440 comments Brianna wrote: "thoughts while reading:
I kind of like that Catelyn acknowledges she pushed Ned to Kings Landing and ultimately his death.
I think Robb's demands are fairly reasonable, but we know that the Lannist..."

Yeah, I feel so bad for her. She made all those mistakes when all she wanted to do was protect her family and now everybody's suffering because of it and she's trying to make up for it, but it only seems to be getting worse.

That's precisely Catelyn's point. It's not about making "agreeable" demands, it's about making demands the Lannisters will agree to. Otherwise it's pointless. I remember reading somewhere that a truly good deal is when both parties leave unhappy.

I think nobody likes Theon (except for me, I mean :D). I remember her saying something about how he's always smiling, like he's laughing at something nobody else understands and that unnerves her. It was basically a paraphrase of what Bran said in one of the AGoT chapters (I think it was the one where Osha shows up). Btw, did you notice how Robb was mad at Theon for toying with Bran's life (in the same chapter from AGoT) and here he uses that same story to prove to his mother that Theon deserves his trust? And I like how Robb is okay with Balon crowning himself. Seems to me, he doesn't really want that crown. As Catelyn pointed out, it's too heavy for him - both literally and metaphorically.

Perhaps the Gods wanted to punish Harren for his greed and narcissism and cursed him and his castle.

Brianna (bebecburt) | 562 comments I wouldn't say I dislike Theon, but something seems to be off about him. No one seems to want to trust him!

Terry ~ Huntress of Erudition Brianna wrote: "I wouldn't say I dislike Theon, but something seems to be off about him. No one seems to want to trust him!"

Theon disgusts me, just thinking of him makes my skin crawl.

Brendan | 133 comments Mod
All I have to say is the following: Wow, Rob is a jerk for disrespecting his Mom.

Anna Yeah, especially because his Mom is right, he really shouldn't march on Harrenhal if that is what his enemy wants.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.