Read A Song Of Ice And Fire 2016 discussion

A Clash of Kings  (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2)
This topic is about A Clash of Kings
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
A Clash of Kings Discussions > 6 ~ Jon I *** Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Roseanne, RRRM (new) - rated it 5 stars

Roseanne | 674 comments Mod
6 ~ Jon I *** Discuss only this chapter and anything prior

Brianna (bebecburt) | 562 comments thoughts while reading:
It seems like Sam is just as excited about all the books as we probably are.
"There's no shame in fear, my father told me, what matters is how we face it."
"Robert was the true steel. Stannis is pure iron, black and hard and strong, yes, but brittle, the way iron gets. He'll break before he bends. And Renly, that one, he's copper, bright and shiny, pretty to look at but not worth all that much at the end of the day." ← I feel like that's a fairly accurate run down of the Baratheon brothers.
Maester Aemon is over a hundred years old and Mormont wants him around another twenty?! That's a long time to be alive!
I love that Jon is sticking to his vows. He doesn't go to Mole's Town like some of his other brothers, and even though his brother is King of the North, he plans on staying at the Wall, honoring his oath.

message 3: by Ria (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 440 comments Brianna wrote: "thoughts while reading:
It seems like Sam is just as excited about all the books as we probably are.
"There's no shame in fear, my father told me, what matters is how we face it."
"Robert was the t..."

My thoughts exactly. I especially loved the last few lines:
"What will you do?" Mormont asked. "Bastard as you are?"
"Be troubled," said Jon, "and keep my vows."

message 4: by Omar (new) - added it

Omar Foster | 44 comments Btw the King mentioned at the end of Aemon's life story Aegon the unlikely is one of the protagonists of the Dunk and Egg stories. And some of the things Mormont explains are mentioned in those books

message 5: by Omar (new) - added it

Omar Foster | 44 comments Btw the King mentioned at the end of Aemon's life story Aegon the unlikely is one of the protagonists of the Dunk and Egg stories. And some of the things Mormont explains are mentioned in those books

Brendan | 133 comments Mod
Best quote of the whole series so far was when Robert, Renly and Stannis were compared to three metals (copper, steel, and iron) I believe. Pure poetry from GRRM!!!

Brianna (bebecburt) | 562 comments @Brendan: I agree! I feel like it's so accurate and will probably hold some bearing to future events.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.