Play Book Tag discussion

Archives 2016-2017 > Questions

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Elizabeth (Alaska) First, I'm not sure where we're supposed to ask questions about the group in general.

But second, what prompted me to open this thread is that I see there are Annual Top 10 lists. How are these determined? Most Read? Highest rated? Some other criteria?

message 2: by Ladyslott (last edited Feb 21, 2016 03:28PM) (new)

Ladyslott | 1880 comments Elizabeth (Alaska) wrote: "First, I'm not sure where we're supposed to ask questions about the group in general.

But second, what prompted me to open this thread is that I see there are Annual Top 10 lists. How are these d..."

Footnotes is probably the best place for general questions.

These lists are done towards the end of December, and go through until the first or second week of January. I usually post a thread asking everyone to list their Top Ten books of the year. I then collate the results. The lists you are looking at are from past years.

Elizabeth (Alaska) Thank you. Top lists are so subjective - I might choose one set one day and a somewhat different one the next. ;-)

message 4: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6437 comments Elizabeth (Alaska) wrote: "Thank you. Top lists are so subjective - I might choose one set one day and a somewhat different one the next. ;-)"

When we submit them, they are not ranked. Given we review books all year long, it is not so tough to compile the top ten for me individually. I start with all my five star reads!

message 5: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7759 comments I like the lists because while they may be subjective, they are a reflection of what PBT was reading and enjoying for that particular year.

If you go back and look, there are some books that I have no idea what they are while others are on lists for several consecutive years. It is an interesting insight to how we can influence what others read and enjoy!

message 6: by Barbara M (new)

Barbara M (barbara-m) | 2224 comments Nicole wrote: "It is an interesting insight to how we can influence what others read and enjoy! ..."

You all influence me waaaayyyy too much! ;-)