Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books discussion

Read 4 Review #160 - Fanged (Fanged #1) (Closed)

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marni (last edited May 26, 2014 10:51PM) (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments The group would like to welcome author Theresa Basile for a Read 4 Review of her book Fanged (Fanged #1). This is the first book in a four part series

Sean Rosenberg is a sixteen-year-old vampire who just wants to complete his junior year without anyone discovering his secret, or killing anyone. (Else.) Blending in isn't as easy as he hoped: two of the three vampires in his group can't stand him, he's barely passing Geometry, his peppy English teacher likes to have surprise lessons outside in the sunlight, and Becky, the pretty cheerleader, has blood that smells just a little too good to him. With the help of Hannah, the group leader and his best friend, he manages to fly under the radar and keep out of trouble.

But when a popular classmate is found dead under mysterious circumstances, the unsteady truce among Sean and his fellow vampires falls apart. As each person reveals a secret that could threaten their privacy - not to mention their lives - Sean tries to control his thirst for human blood, which becomes increasingly difficult when Becky shows sudden interest in him. Will he be able to keep his promise to Hannah and turn over a new leaf, or will the temptation for Becky's blood be too strong to overcome?

And what will they do when Hannah reveals the biggest secret of all?

Fanged is the first book in a four-part series and is for any teenager - alive or undead - who just wants to make it out of high school.

195 pages, print

The author will be providing 5 copies through Bookstub . To request, please post your email address and I will email you with the link, directions and your special code. Each code is a one time code and you will be able to download in multiple formats. It is your responsibility to check for the email and download ASAP. It is also your responsibility to contact me immediately if you do not receive the email or have a problem. In exchange for the free book, the author requests an honest review of their book not just on Goodreads, but also on Amazon USA, UK, and any of your blogs or reviewing sites. Once you are finished with your review and have posted it on Goodreads, you are REQUIRED to post your Goodreads link to it on this thread.

Even though this book is being gifted to you please do not share it with anyone. It is unethical, disrespectful and illegal to share books provided to you for reviews.

Further Info from the group, not the author: If you do not complete the e-book within the time given, and you do not post your link on this thread or I do not hear from you stating that you intend to finish and review the book, you will not be allowed to participate in future Read 4 Review events. This is to prevent people from getting complimentary books over and over without fulfilling their obligation.

Do not message me nor the author requesting the book. All info is to be posted here. This is for the ease of the author and the mods and fairness to all. If you do not wish to share your email publicly, please do not request.

If there are any other authors looking to do this with our group, please message me. You MUST be willing to provide copies, free of charge, to the reviewers. Here’s the post on what is needed when requesting: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

REVIEWERS: PLEASE read the topic titled "Reviewers." All the rules are listed under there. We will not allow any excuses of "I didn't know" because the rules are listed and if you have any questions you can always message me. https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Links to find the book for posting reviews:

Amazon US: http://amzn.com/B00GXWZ9FA

Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GXWZ9FA

B&N: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/fange...

Deadline for review is 11:59pm EST on 05/27/14 (May 27th).

Reviewers:

1. Cheryl: nicepuppy421@yahoo.com COMPLETED
2. E.B.: melabeththevampire@gmail.com COMPLETED
3. Rinny: Rinnyrainwind@yahoo.com COMPLETED
4. Minerva: Removed Due To Tech Issues

message 2: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Duval I would love to read this story. I prefer MOBI format
nicepuppy421@yahoo.com

message 3: by E.B. (new)

E.B. Hood (melabeth) | 34 comments I would love to review it, melabeththevampire@gmail.com

message 4: by Rin (new)

Rin McKenzie (rinnyrainwind) | 6 comments ePub please
Rinnyrainwind@yahoo.com

message 5: by Minerva (new)

Minerva (minnie6484) | 93 comments I would like to read and review this please :) minnie6484@gmail.com

message 6: by Marni (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments If you are telling me what format you need, you are not reading through the information in the main post.

message 7: by Marni (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments All copies have been requested. Emails are going out now.

message 8: by Marni (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments All emails have gone out. You each have 24 hours to download and get back with me that you've done so.

message 9: by Marni (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments E.B. worked some kinks out, he says to try it again.

message 10: by Marni (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments Katie wrote: "This is such a hassle! I figured it would be a few simple clicks and off to reading a new book I'd go! Gee wiz this is crazy..."

I feel your pain! I'm going to check with the author for regular files. That's how we normally work this and the preferred way just because of things like this.

message 11: by Marni (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments UPDATE: The author just tried herself and is encountering the same issues that you all are. She will contact her publisher in the morning and see what can be done to get the issues straightened out. As soon as I here back from her, I will post another update. Thank you all for your patience.

message 12: by E.B. (new)

E.B. Hood (melabeth) | 34 comments I had called her publisher. They fixed it for me, they should have fixed it across the board. Hope they have it sorted in the am, but I did get my copy no reason to re-send anything to me.

message 13: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Duval I had the same issue. I contacted customer service and they had tech support give me a new code and it worked. I have downloaded the book and it seems to work fine. What a pain in the neck this was, I have never had this much trouble downloading a book. Glad I got it fixed!

message 14: by Marni (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments Thanks for your patience and determination everyone! Sorry about the hassles!!

message 15: by Marni (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments If anyone is still having problems, PM me.

message 16: by Marni (last edited Apr 30, 2014 07:53PM) (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments I heard back from the author, she has spoken with her publisher and unfortunately they may not have the problem corrected until Monday. I am providing an extension on the deadline for this R4R, it has changed from May 20th to May 27th.

message 17: by Minerva (new)

Minerva (minnie6484) | 93 comments Ill try to call customer service tonight :)

message 18: by Rin (new)

Rin McKenzie (rinnyrainwind) | 6 comments this is the link to my review https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 19: by Marni (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments If you have not been able to download this book, please PM me ASAP. Thank you!

message 20: by E.B. (new)

E.B. Hood (melabeth) | 34 comments Finished, https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Also reviewed it on Amazon.com

Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Fanged (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Theresa Basile (other topics)