INTRODUCTIONS please! :)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Debarati (new)

Debarati | 144 comments Mod
Hello all,

Please do introduce yourselves :)

message 2: by Gina's (new)

Gina's (ginasgoodreads) | 50 comments Hey everyone.

I'm happy to be her.

I really believe magic really happens while reading.

Greetings :)

message 3: by Debarati (new)

Gina wrote: "Hey everyone.

I'm happy to be her.

Greetings :)"

Well said Gina! Reading indeed is magical. It has the power to transport us to a whole new world.

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura | 25 comments Hello to all, I'm lou and It's nice to talk to all.
I believe that reading is more of a gift it lets you experience the world through someone elses eyes. It teaches us and it gives us escape from reality into a new world :D

message 5: by Gina's (new)

Gina's (ginasgoodreads) | 50 comments Debarati wrote: "Gina wrote: "Hey everyone.

I'm happy to be her.

Greetings :)"

Well said Gina! Reading indeed is magical. It has the power to transport us..."

It feels like The Never-ending story.

Love the magic :)

message 6: by Debarati (new)

Laura wrote: "Hello to all, I'm lou and It's nice to talk to all.
I believe that reading is more of a gift it lets you experience the world through someone elses eyes. It teaches us and it gives us escape from ..."

Welcome Lou! :)
Indeed, books help us see a different world through the tinted glasses worn by the author. No wonder I love the first person narrative style.

message 7: by Laura (new)

Laura | 25 comments So what will this exiting convo be holding :D lol

message 8: by Debarati (new)

Haha... tell us about your favourite recent read :)

message 9: by Laura (new)

Laura | 25 comments Most recently ?
Well i finished allegiant last night and I've just started paper towns but I'm also reading the fault in our stars (again for the 8th time)
wbu

message 10: by Debarati (new)

wow! that's so many books :) AWESOME!

message 11: by Laura (new)

Laura | 25 comments Yeah, I do LOVE to read ahahha.
What's your most resent and favorite book ?

message 12: by Gina's (new)

Gina's (ginasgoodreads) | 50 comments Laura wrote: "Most recently ?
Well i finished allegiant last night and I've just started paper towns but I'm also reading the fault in our stars (again for the 8th time)
wbu"

How was Allegiant??

I need motivation to read it :S there was a mayor spoiler on a random chat. But I'll try reading it soon.

message 13: by Laura (new)

Laura | 25 comments yeah same i mistakenly read it but new i had to Finnish it. It was heart breathtakingly amazing :)

message 14: by Gina's (new)

Gina's (ginasgoodreads) | 50 comments Laura wrote: "yeah same i mistakenly read it but new i had to Finnish it. It was heart breathtakingly amazing :)"

Okay thanks :)

message 15: by Laura (new)

Laura | 25 comments what book are you reading right now and whats your fav :)

message 16: by Debarati (new)

Laura wrote: "what book are you reading right now and whats your fav :)"

I am reading The Golden Notebook by Doris Lessing. Well, too many favourites really! Can't name just one! :)

message 17: by Debarati (new)

Adele wrote: "Hello! My name is adele :)"

Welcome! Do you sing as beautifully as your namesake? :) Am sure you are often asked this question! :)

message 18: by Laura (new)

Laura | 25 comments Debarati wrote: "Laura wrote: "what book are you reading right now and whats your fav :)"

I am reading The Golden Notebook by Doris Lessing. Well, too many favourites really! Can't name just one! :)"

awsome i've never read that. Is it good ?

message 19: by Debarati (new)

I am quite liking it :) I have read other books by Doris Lessing... I like her style.

message 20: by Laura (new)

Laura | 25 comments ohh thats good i'll maybe need to check it out

message 21: by Gina's (last edited May 01, 2014 07:24AM) (new)

Gina's (ginasgoodreads) | 50 comments Laura wrote: "what book are you reading right now and whats your fav :)"

11/22/63 by Stephen King Hypnotizing Maria by Richard Bach Pretty Little Liars (Pretty Little Liars, #1) by Sara Shepard

My favorite book for this year so far is:Divergent

And for May I'm expecting to start reading

Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare Flawless (Pretty Little Liars, #2) by Sara Shepard The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater Allegiant (Divergent, #3) by Veronica Roth

message 22: by Laura (new)

Laura | 25 comments That's awsome i love love love divergent <3

message 23: by Debarati (new)

Adele wrote: "Hahaha no i'm not as good as the real Adele but I do sing. And yeah you're right, people asked that again and again"

I thought so!

message 24: by Debarati (new)

Gina wrote: "Laura wrote: "what book are you reading right now and whats your fav :)"

11/22/63 by Stephen KingHypnotizing Maria by Richard BachPretty Little Liars (Pretty Little Liars, #1) by Sara Shepard

My favorite book..."

WOW! That's quite a handful. :)
Is Divergent that good?

message 25: by watta_jerny (new)

watta_jerny | 13 comments Gina wrote: "Laura wrote: "Most recently ?
wbu"

How was Allegiant?..."

I'm half way this book last March and I just can't stand to finish cause I read spoilers too..I want her alive in my mind and that's why I don't want to finish reading the book.. #Tris

message 26: by Laura (new)

Laura | 25 comments Allegiant was absoloutly brilliant, and i know what you mean about all the spoilers cuz i was sadly a victim :( *cry* but i still finished reading it cuz i new i had to. lol

message 27: by watta_jerny (new)

watta_jerny | 13 comments i want to finish it but i think i have to prepare myself..lol..but i surely will read the ending..im just scared right now..im so attach to the character..

message 28: by Faith (new)

Faith Carson (books_to_be_read) | 5 comments Hello all,
My name is faith and I absolutely love to read. I also have a problem with buying more and more books even when I still have some on my bookshelf that I have yet to read D: hopefully I'm not the only one? :p anyways nice to meet you all

message 29: by Debarati (new)

Faith wrote: "Hello all,
My name is faith and I absolutely love to read. I also have a problem with buying more and more books even when I still have some on my bookshelf that I have yet to read D: hopefully I..."

Hi Faith :)
I seem to suffer from a similar problem as well. In fact after borrowing a book from a friend or library, I feel the need to own a copy. Hence, I have often bought books I have already read. :)

message 30: by Naura (new)

Naura | 27 comments Hello everyone ^.^
I'm Naura and I'm glad to be here.
I'm addicted to all books that are not text books ;)
This group seems fun and I'm looking forward to meeting people :)

message 31: by Deepanshu (new)

Deepanshu Dwivedi Hi everyone.
I am Deepanshu. I am trying to increase the slope of my learning curve by reading more.

Expecting to meet some good people here.

message 32: by Debarati (new)

Naura wrote: "Hello everyone ^.^
This group seems fun and I'm looking forward to meeting people :)"

Hello Naura! Haha... we all seem to love books that aren't part of our syllabus. So, what have you been reading?

message 33: by Debarati (new)

Deepanshu wrote: "Hi everyone.
I am Deepanshu. I am trying to increase the slope of my learning curve by reading more.

Expecting to meet some good people here."

Hi Deepanshu! That sounds real neat. Tell us what you reading or plan to read next?

message 34: by Deepanshu (new)

Deepanshu Dwivedi Right now, I am studying some nuclear engineering stuff and am planning to complete "What do you care what other people think". which i left unfinished.

message 35: by Shantanu_313 (new)

Shantanu_313 | 3 comments Hello everyone!!:)
I am new on goodreads!
I Love to read books ...Its just a complete another world related to our very own world!!! :)

message 36: by Debarati (new)

Deepanshu wrote: "Right now, I am studying some nuclear engineering stuff and am planning to complete "What do you care what other people think". which i left unfinished."

Woooah! Nuclear engineering is something I would never understand! ;) Cheers to you!

message 37: by Debarati (new)

Shantanu_313 wrote: "Hello everyone!!:)
I am new on goodreads!
I Love to read books ...Its just a complete another world related to our very own world!!! :)"

Welcome Shantanu! I'm sure most of us here feel the same -- that books transport us to another world. What are you reading these days?

message 38: by Shantanu_313 (new)

Shantanu_313 | 3 comments I am reading 'trapped' by Michael Northrop..
Its summer season going on here in India .. and I am reading a winter story.. :)

message 39: by Naura (last edited May 16, 2014 07:58AM) (new)

Naura | 27 comments Debarati wrote: "Naura wrote: "Hello everyone ^.^
This group seems fun and I'm looking forward to meeting people :)"

Hello N..."

yeah I know :D
Been reading loads as of recent..:P
Divergent,VA,VD,Percy Jackson-series
TMI- book 1..
LOads XD

message 40: by Dana (new)

Dana Burkey (danaburkey) Hello! I am Dana and I am from Washington State! I love reading, esp YA and dystopian! I love movies and live theater, and of course...playing on Goodreads!! I am currently reading through the Cinder and Matched series, just to give you an idea of my reading list.

Also, I have a group dedicated to book that have been turned into movies. It is called The Book Was Better. Check it out here:
https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...

message 41: by Naura (new)

Naura | 27 comments Welcome Dana! :)
cool! and I already love the group because of the title! XD Hope to meet you there ;)

message 42: by Debarati (new)

Hello Dana! I am already a member of your group :)

message 43: by Deepti (new)

Deepti | 14 comments Hi
This is Deepti.
I believe as long as I have a book, I have a friend.

message 44: by Deepti (new)

Deepti | 14 comments I think heaven for me would be a huge library full of books, a nice, cosy couch and a hot cup of coffee.
What about you guys?

message 45: by Naura (new)

Naura | 27 comments Welcome Deepti :)
True that! VERY true :)

message 46: by Debarati (new)

Hahaha... well said Deepti! Like Naura, I too agree with you. Although, I would prefer a warm cup of tea and the sound of rains outside, while reading! How about that? :)

message 47: by Naura (new)

Naura | 27 comments @Debarati- That would be perfect! :D But I really don't care that much :P I can read in a crowded market place too :P
Or the best place and time to read?
DURING class hours! :D
PURE bliss XDD

message 48: by Deepti (new)

Deepti | 14 comments Hahaha, I guess all of us here will be quite happy as long as we have a good book(which is not study:)) with us at all times!!!

message 49: by Naura (new)

Naura | 27 comments Exactly :P

message 50: by Debarati (new)

Naura wrote: "@Debarati- That would be perfect! :D But I really don't care that much :P I can read in a crowded market place too :P
Or the best place and time to read?
DURING class hours! :D
PURE bliss XDD"

Haha... well said Naura! Also, during math exams! ;)

« previous 1