What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. 1980s-1990s book series. 3 books that I read, I know there was more. Green covers

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Thomas (new)

Thomas | 2 comments In the 90s I started reading a book series. I am fairly sure that the book covers were all Green. I know that the books were somewhat graphic and for young adults to adults. I have difficulty remembering the majority of the books content, but what I do remember is that there were Magic Lines. I remember that there were lines that could be tapped into for various types of magic, stores for magical items would be placed on and around those lines to capitalize on the magical power that was in those lines. I remember that there were some dimensional jumps between areas of the universe.

I wish I could remember more, what I do remember is more about the circumstances of reading the books. On vacation in New York with my family, primarily ignoring them and reading the books instead. Hopefully some here have read the books or at least can get an idea from the little information. Thanks for the help.

message 2: by Daisy (new)

Daisy Burnard | 4 comments Probably not it, I read the first one (halfway through) once 7-9 years ago, but maybe the "So Below" trilogy by "Matt Whyman". There are magic lines (ley lines), first published LATE 90's, one book has a green cover, another has some green, the other no green.

message 3: by Thomas (new)

Thomas | 2 comments Checked that one out and it wasn't the right one. It did remind me that the setting is not in any cities that exist, I can't remember names of towns but there were London or New York or anything of that sort. Was more of a medieval setting for the towns.

message 4: by Meg (new)

Meg (lollylopmr) | 17 comments could the book you are looking for be part of the Valdemar universe: set of series by Mercedes Lackey?

message 5: by Melanti (new)

Melanti | 333 comments The lines would probably be called ley lines - it might help the searching.

The Valdemar books do fit but I can't think of any particular trilogy of the series that would have green covers.

Wikipedia's article on ley lines has a "In Popular Culture" section that lists several series:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ley_line...

message 6: by Jan (new)

Jan (janoda) | 42 comments TvTropes might help as well? It lists several books that use the trope of ley lines http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php...

message 7: by Melanti (new)

Melanti | 333 comments Glancing down the list on TV tropes, I spotted Irene Radford's series, and two of the three covers of the first trilogy are mostly green. The Glass Dragon is the first one.

(Don't know how much it matches the rest of your description since I never managed to get into it.)

message 8: by Rafi (last edited Apr 29, 2014 07:11PM) (new)

Rafi Snowden | 101 comments could it be So You Want to be a Wizard?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37757 comments Mod
Thomas, did you ever find this series or are you still looking? Was it anything suggested above?

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37757 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Thomas, did you ever find this series or are you still looking? Was it anything suggested above?"

No response in 3 years. Moving to Abandoned.