Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Mirror of the Eye
This topic is about Mirror of the Eye
Adding New Books > Separate Edition Requests

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bob (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bob Frank | 15 comments I added a new version of my 3rd book in the Third Eye Trilogy. The original was called Mirror of the Eye; the new version was called Mirror of the Eye - Amatory Edition.

Because I used the word EDITION, a Librarian combined them into ONE book. This is causing a LOT of confusion because they are NOT the same book. The Amatory Edition is an extra 40,000 words of erotica integrated into the original book. I teamed up with an erotica writer to publish this special edition for those who like erotica mixed in with their mystery/thriller.

They really are 2 different books. 2 different ASIN's and 2 different ISBN's.

Can you please split them into to different books on-line?

If you at the listing you will see what I mean:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

The book with JUST my name is the original. The book - Amatory Edition is co-authored with E.B. LeDoux.

The same problem exists with the consolidated 3-book ebook versions called THIRD EYE TRILOGY and THIRD EYE TRILOGY - AMATORY EDITION.

Can you help me split these 2 different books apart in the GR library?

message 2: by Caro (new)

Caro | 177 comments Done!

message 3: by Bob (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bob Frank | 15 comments Wow, Caro, that was fast.

Could you please do me one more favor?
To the Title could you please add the "- Amatory Edition " after the original title?
e.g.,
Third Eye Trilogy - Amatory Edition

These are the books that I teamed up with E.B. LeDoux.

Thanks so much.
Bob

message 4: by Caro (new)

Caro | 177 comments No prob, I've also left Librarian notes on the amatory edition so they shouldn't get combined again.

message 5: by Bob (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bob Frank | 15 comments Caro - thank you so much.
We are starting promotion in GR and this should clarify which books are which. Rather conservative people do not want to get the Amatory Edition.
You are fantastic.
Bob

message 6: by Caro (new)

Caro | 177 comments Go for the Gold! I'm glad I could help and Good Luck!

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (last edited Apr 28, 2014 01:02PM) (new)

rivka | 43613 comments Mod
Reverted.

Goodreads combines revised and original editions into a single work. Also, edition information does not belong on the title line.

If you wish to set one of the newer editions as the default, see: http://www.goodreads.com/help/show/31...

message 8: by Bob (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bob Frank | 15 comments Whoaaa.... Rivka...
These are really not the same book. They are DIFFERENT books. I used the term Edition in the title, but they are different books. One is ERotica and one is regular mystery/thriller.

I do not understand why you want to merge them into the same book.... they are NOT the same.

message 9: by Bob (last edited Apr 28, 2014 01:11PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bob Frank | 15 comments You cannot just default one as the main book.
This is causing confusion with readers because they are different books. Different ASIN's; different ISBNs.

message 10: by Bob (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bob Frank | 15 comments If you are worried about the word "EDITION", then call it VERSION.... I used the words Amatory Edition only to depict that it different than the other book.

message 11: by Bob (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bob Frank | 15 comments Rivka,
Did you see my comments belows?
rivka wrote: "Reverted.

Goodreads combines revised and original editions into a single work. Also, edition information does not belong on the title line.

If you wish to set one of the newer editions as the def..."

message 12: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43613 comments Mod
Bob wrote: "If you are worried about the word "EDITION", then call it VERSION.... I used the words Amatory Edition only to depict that it different than the other book."

We combine different versions of a book as a single work too. And yes, each edition/version will have its own ISBN or ASIN.