Christian Readers discussion

Small Group material needed

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jen (new)

Jen | 1 comments Hello fellow Christian readers. I am currently in a small group with other couples and looking for new material. We are finishing Twelve Ordinary Men by John MacArthur and before that did Living by the Book by Howard Hendricks. Any suggestions would be most welcome!

message 2: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Ellis | 39 comments Hi Jen,
I recommend works by Jimmy Evans. I am in Texas and have had the privilege of seeing him and his wife speak multiple times and know their sicnere hearts for happy marriages in the Lord. He has a TV program called Marriage Today. He has several books out, that would be good study materials for a small group of couples.
I also have a book out that several people have started small group studies from.
Thank you for continuing to bring the Kingdom of God to earth and have His Name in your priority!
God bless you.
Let me know what you choose!
Sharon Ellis
Communions With Christ
Amazon.com

message 3: by Jennifer (last edited Jul 24, 2009 09:17PM) (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) MacArthur has a book called 12 Extraordinary Women. It's kinda the companion to 12 Ordinary Men,but don't know if you want to do another MacArthur study since you just finished that one. Experiencing God is a great study too. It's by Henry Blackaby and anything he does is good.

message 4: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 632 comments The group is called "Christian Readers" Most of the above has nothing to do with religion. Jesus must have been right when He said "But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be." http://www.google.com/profiles/109344...

message 5: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Ellis | 39 comments Just to be fair and accurate to Jimmy Evans and his Christian ministry - all of his Christian book series has Everything to do with Christ. All of the work is Christian Biblical scriptural based. His work is God blessed. No one would be more happy, in my opinion, than Jesus to see Jimmy so devote himself to teaching the principles of Jesus to married couples and about to be married couples so that these teachings will help them to stay faithfully and happily married in Christ.
Building up the Kingdom of God in Christ is fine.