Making Connections discussion

ARCHIVES > 'To Kill a Mockingbird' finally going digital.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jim (new)

Jim Vuksic | 210 comments My publisher e-mailed this AP wire to me. It may be of interest to some group members.

New York (AP) - Monday, April28 - 5 hours ago.

Harper Lee, who celebrated her 88th. birthday on Monday, has signed on for Scout, Boo Radley and Atticus Finch to enter the electronic age.

Filling one of the biggest gaps in the e-library, "To Kill a Mockingbird" will become available as an e-book and digital audiobook, narrated by Sissy Spacek, on July 8, HarperCollins Publishers announced Monday.

Lee, in a rare public statement, cited a "new generation" of fans in agreeing to the downloadable editions of her Pulitzer Prize-winning classic.

Associated Press

message 2: by Roberta (new)

Roberta Pearce (robertapearce) | 57 comments Jim wrote: "My publisher e-mailed this AP wire to me. It may be of interest to some group members.

New York (AP) - Monday, April28 - 5 hours ago.

Harper Lee, who celebrated her 88th. birthday on Monday, has..."

Thanks for sharing, Jim! Exciting stuff.

message 3: by N.D. (new)

N.D. Taylor (ndtaylor) I haven't read this in a long, long time. Not since HS. I would love to read it again.

message 4: by Tony (new)

Tony Parsons (gambino71) | 1563 comments what a classic read it in Jr. high (MS)

message 5: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 785 comments You know I've never read this? I've been seeing threads about it and alot of talk about it lately, at least it seems that way. It's one of those books that people talk about and reference and I always think perhaps i should look into.

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Marie Gabriel (lisamariegabriel) | 7 comments I love this book. I read it in school when I was in my early teens and thought it was wonderful even though we read a paragraph each aloud in class. I hated that because it always dragged, so I would read silently ahead and get into trouble when my turn came round again. If there was an author I really wanted to meet it would be Harper Lee. I look forward to buying the Kindle version and getting reacquainted with all the wonderful characters.

message 7: by Josh (new)

Josh Mitchell (wickid_pissa) | 26 comments Boo Radley is the man in sketchball land. Loved that creepy and mysterious guy.

The Dude Who Did Dictionaries