General Fiction Forum Expats discussion

Archive > Lets read a book together

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (dhaupt) | 4456 comments Mod
Okay enough moping let's read a book together.
I'm taking suggestions for the first one

message 2: by Karen (new)

Karen Laird (shadetreebookreviews) | 228 comments LJ Rose Collector of Last Breathes would be a great read.

message 3: by Debbie (last edited Apr 29, 2014 07:33AM) (new)

I agree and I think I could persuade MJ to join in the conversation
Thanks Karen

The Collector of Dying Breaths A Novel of Suspense (Reincarnationist, #6) by M.J. Rose

message 4: by Elaine (new)

Elaine (lainey_h) I'm reading The Moon Sisters on my nook, and The Sea of Hooks as a book. Enjoying both, don't know if they're of any interest to anyone else though.

message 5: by Debbie (new)

Elaine wrote: "I'm reading The Moon Sisters on my nook, and The Sea of Hooks as a book. Enjoying both, don't know if they're of any interest to anyone else though."
Thanks Elaine The Moon Sisters by Therese Walsh Sea of Hooks by Lindsay Hill

message 6: by April (new)

April (april_h) | 159 comments I'm up for reading anything. A suggestion from my tbr pile is Random Acts of Kindness by Lisa Verge Higgins. I also loved the interview Debbie did on her blog today. Where Earth Meets Water by Pia Padukone sounds like a good read.

message 7: by Debbie (new)

April wrote: "I'm up for reading anything. A suggestion from my tbr pile is Random Acts of Kindness by Lisa Verge Higgins. I also loved the interview Debbie did on her blog today. Where Earth Meets Water by Pia ..."

Thanks April I loved Random Acts of Kindness and I'm just starting Where Earth Meets Water
Random Acts of Kindness by Lisa Verge Higgins Where Earth Meets Water by Pia Padukone

message 8: by Debbie (last edited May 02, 2014 08:46AM) (new)

We're going to take this seriously next week so if there's a novel you've been wanting to read one that you've read and it inspired you nominate it and we'll get down to biz next week.

Here is my nomination
It covers historical and literary and she's a favorite author of mine. Those B&N old timers will remember her from when we read Overseas together.

I recommend
A Hundred Summers
A Hundred Summers by Beatriz Williams