Tom Clancy Comaraderie discussion

Authors similar to Tom Clancy

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Darren (new)

Darren Hi everyone!

I've been a TC fan for years. I was very saddened when he past away last year.

I'm making my way through his collection in release order (up to Dead or Alive). And while I am savouring these last few novels that he wrote, I can't help wondering what I'm going to read once I have devoured all of them.

Can anyone recommend authors similar to Clancy's writing? How are they similar? How are they different/better/lacking etc?

message 2: by Alec (new)

Alec | 5 comments Mod
Lee Child's Jack Reacher novels are supposed to be good and they are of the same acton-suspense-thriller type as Clancy. Personally I have not read them, but as soon as a finish Clancy's final two novels I will probably try his series out.

message 3: by Xpc (new)

Xpc Man | 2 comments I'm right there with you. Fortunately, there are a lot of directions to go once you have read through the works of the master. First of all, you can stick with Clancy. Mark Greaney and Grant Blackwood are continuing the Jack-Ryan-verse for Putnam. I think they will provide us with many Clancy-esque novels with Jack, Ding, Clark and the others for years to come.

If you are a purist and don't want to go with new authors writing Clancy's characters, then try out James R. Hannibal. He is a former stealth pilot and his series prequel Wraith about a new stealth aircraft may be the new Hunt for Red October.

If you like the John Clark side of Clancy, I don't think you can do better than former Delta operator Dalton Fury. Start with Black Site.