Veronica Mars Book Club discussion

The Thousand Dollar Tan Line > TTDTL Chapter 26

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Neptune Rising (new)

Neptune Rising | 587 comments Mod
Plot Point: Veronica Skypes with Logan.

"Logan had fallen in love with her in striped T-shirts and jeans. There was no need to mess with winning formula."

LoVe this!

message 2: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 75 comments LoVe they're Skype sessions and yes, Veronica knows she doesn't need to try to impress Logan; he loves her just the way she is

message 3: by Neptune Rising (new)

Discussion Question: What do you think Logan's thoughts are? He seems concerned for Veronica, especially in how helping her mother will effect her.

message 4: by Christy (new)

Christy | 98 comments Anything with Logan and I'm loving it. Unless him and V fight. Wouldn't like that.

message 5: by Neptune Rising (new)

LoVe: "Logan has seen through her, that was one of the reasons she loved him He could tell her things she couldn't bear to tell herself sometimes."

message 6: by Margarita (new)

Margarita Vandorou | 56 comments Neptune wrote: "Plot Point: Veronica Skypes with Logan.

"Logan had fallen in love with her in striped T-shirts and jeans. There was no need to mess with winning formula."

LoVe this!"

I smiled soooo big

message 7: by Margarita (new)

Margarita Vandorou | 56 comments Neptune wrote: "Discussion Question: What do you think Logan's thoughts are? He seems concerned for Veronica, especially in how helping her mother will effect her."

he really knows how much her mom hurt her and he also knows that she won't discuss this with anyone else so he is worried

message 8: by Em (new)

Em (emtifahp) | 37 comments Hannah wrote: "LoVe they're Skype sessions and yes, Veronica knows she doesn't need to try to impress Logan; he loves her just the way she is"

How very Mark Darcy of him

message 9: by Neptune Rising (new)

Agreed. But when they make up from a fight....we get spinning kisses up the library stairs...

Christy wrote: "Anything with Logan and I'm loving it. Unless him and V fight. Wouldn't like that."

message 10: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 75 comments Yeah, I think he's worried about her having to deal with her mom but he's also probably thinking about his mom and how he'll never see her again; there's no chance of him ever having an awkward reunion with his mom

message 11: by Christy (new)

Christy | 98 comments Neptune wrote: "Discussion Question: What do you think Logan's thoughts are? He seems concerned for Veronica, especially in how helping her mother will effect her."
I think Logan knew how much seeing Lianne affected V. The more she tries to hide it, the more he knows she's hurting. He knows her well.

message 12: by Margarita (new)

Margarita Vandorou | 56 comments Neptune wrote: "Agreed. But when they make up from a fight....we get spinning kisses up the library stairs...

Christy wrote: "Anything with Logan and I'm loving it. Unless him and V fight. Wouldn't like that.""

oh this episode had my heart skipping beats

message 13: by Christy (new)

Christy | 98 comments Neptune wrote: "Agreed. But when they make up from a fight....we get spinning kisses up the library stairs...

Christy wrote: "Anything with Logan and I'm loving it. Unless him and V fight. Wouldn't like that.""

Good point.

message 14: by Mia (new)

Mia (aylaeh) Hannah wrote: "Yeah, I think he's worried about her having to deal with her mom but he's also probably thinking about his mom and how he'll never see her again; there's no chance of him ever having an awkward reu..."

interesting. i had not thought of it quite like that.

message 15: by Neptune Rising (new)

Another AMAZING point! We all saw how hard it was for Logan to accept that his mother was dead (unless Rob Thomas decides otherwise...) Veronica and her mother are probably stirring up a LOT of mixed feelings for Logan....

Hannah wrote: "Yeah, I think he's worried about her having to deal with her mom but he's also probably thinking about his mom and how he'll never see her again; there's no chance of him ever having an awkward reu..."

message 16: by Em (new)

Em (emtifahp) | 37 comments Veronica says "I made my choice a long time ago and so did she."

I think it's very curious that she talks about this as a very black and white decision which cannot change. Didn't she just make an abrupt change, drop a career, and move back to the place she said she would never return to?

message 17: by Neptune Rising (new)

This chapter was all LoVe and it seriously felt like the shortest chapter in the book =(

message 18: by Margarita (new)

Margarita Vandorou | 56 comments Neptune wrote: "This chapter was all LoVe and it seriously felt like the shortest chapter in the book =("

totally agree :(

message 19: by Em (new)

Em (emtifahp) | 37 comments Neptune wrote: "This chapter was all LoVe and it seriously felt like the shortest chapter in the book =("

But it had a lot of really great insight into her relationship with her mom.

message 20: by Neptune Rising (new)

Chapter 27 has now been posted =)

message 21: by Margarita (new)

Margarita Vandorou | 56 comments Em wrote: "Veronica says "I made my choice a long time ago and so did she."

I think it's very curious that she talks about this as a very black and white decision which cannot change. Didn't she just make a..."

well it is black and white because Lianne is the one who could make it grey ... she should make an effort Veronica's decision was not chasing after her

message 22: by Christy (new)

Christy | 98 comments Em wrote: "Veronica says "I made my choice a long time ago and so did she."

I think it's very curious that she talks about this as a very black and white decision which cannot change. Didn't she just make a..."

Excellent point. Is she trying to convince herself it can't be changed because it seems like Lianne doesn't want any kind of relationship with her?

message 23: by Mia (new)

Mia (aylaeh) Em wrote: "Veronica says "I made my choice a long time ago and so did she."

but i got the sense that this change was coming regardless... that she always knew that she was going to return to Neptune, even if it was always subconscious. know what i mean?

message 24: by Em (new)

Em (emtifahp) | 37 comments Christy wrote: "Em wrote: "Veronica says "I made my choice a long time ago and so did she."

I think it's very curious that she talks about this as a very black and white decision which cannot change. Didn't she ..."

Excellent point. Is she trying to convince herself it can't be changed because it seems like Lianne doesn't want any kind of relationship with her?

Quite possibly. Like she knows those walls are being chipped down and she's trying to put strengthen them again.

message 25: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 75 comments That's exactly what I think she's doing; it's her way of coping and accepting that Lianne doesn't want a relationship with her

message 26: by Neptune Rising (new)

Good point! Maybe for Veronica accepting Lianne back into her life starts with Lianne proving she wants to be back in it? All she can see when she sees Lianne is "you left". Because that is the last thing that Lianne did to her?

Em wrote: "Veronica says "I made my choice a long time ago and so did she."