Writers and Readers discussion

Void
This topic is about Void
New Book Releases > David Staniforth: psychological mystery thriller, Void, only 99p/99c until 7th March

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (last edited Apr 27, 2014 03:38PM) (new) - added it

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 21 comments In a sideways step from my usual genre of fantasy, I have just published a psychological thriller:

Imperfect Strangers by David Staniforth

How well do you know the people you see every day?

Sally hardly knows Keith. They're practically strangers until the day she smiles at him.

Would you smile so readily if you risked losing your friends?
Would you smile so readily if you risked losing your life?

Unfortunately, you can’t begin to know a person until you let them in.

Imperfect Strangers: A psychological thriller that simmers to a dark and dramatic climax

And here's an Amazon link: http://authl.it/B00JXOVKE4

Be great if you'd just take a moment to check it out :~)

message 2: by David (new) - added it

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 21 comments Just a taste of what readers are saying about this book:

Philip (sarah) Willis rated it 5 of 5 stars
Imperfect Strangers is an original story that grabbed me and didn’t let go even after the last page was read. I finished the book a fortnight ago and the characters and plot are still playing around in my head.

May 06, 2014Kath Middleton rated it 5 of 5 stars
This is an amazing story and it’s hard not to cheer Keith on. It’s written from both his and Sally’s points of view and we see gradually how their ideas on the progress of this relationship diverge. Its ending is extremely tense and exciting.

Rosemary (the Fourth Plinth) rated it 5 of 5 stars
I really enjoyed this book. The two main characters are very well wrought, and the supporting cast are good for scene setting. A mark of the author's skill that my sympathy lay for a long time with Keith. it has a great build-up of tension throughout, making you wonder just how bad things are going to get, or sometimes thinking will they maybe, just maybe, work out for Sally and Keith. Great read!

Branwen Targaryen *the blood of the dragon* rated it 5 of 5 stars
Imperfect Strangers is a tale of fear and obsession. Of desire, both thwarted and subdued. It is a tale of opposites. Of compassion. Of kindness and cruelty. And it is a tale of people; imperfect, flawed, people.
If you are a fan of creepy, intense, pshycological thrillers then I would highly reccomend this book. It was wonderful!

Patti (baconater) rated it 5 of 5 stars
A well-paced page turner with excellent characterisation and realistic dialogue. One of those rare books that is difficult to put down. Highly recommended.

message 3: by David (new) - added it

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 21 comments My latest novel VOID is now live on Amazon.

photo VOID med_zpsc6h235tu.jpg

A void in one’s memory is filled with more than the fear of not knowing,
it swirls with the dread of what those missing memories might contain.
When a young man wakens in a freezing car, his mind a complete blank,
he embarks upon a journey that brings that very dread to the fore.

Who is he?
What has he done?
Where does he belong?
Why can he not remember?

VOID: a psychological journey of discovery that forces the question: To what extent can our memories be trusted?

And here's your Amazon link: http://smarturl.it/voidpsychological

FREE via KU and Prime.

message 4: by A.F. (new)

A.F. (scribe77) | 1777 comments Mod
David wrote: "My latest novel VOID is now live on Amazon.

it swirls with the dread of what those missing memories ..."

Nice cover.

message 5: by David (new) - added it

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 21 comments Thanks, A.F.

That actual tunnel features in the story, too.

message 6: by David (last edited Jan 31, 2016 03:51AM) (new) - added it

message 7: by David (new) - added it

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 21 comments From March 1st until March 7th my latest thriller, VOID, can be yours for only 99p/99c

photo VOID med_zpsc6h235tu.jpg

it swirls with the dread of what those missing memories might contain.
When a young man wakens in a freezing car, his mind a complete blank,
he embarks upon a journey that brings that very dread to the fore.

Who is he?
What has he done?
Where does he belong?
Why can he not remember?

VOID: a psychological journey of discovery that forces the question: To what extent can our memories be trusted?

UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Void-David-St...
US: http://www.amazon.com/Void-David-Stan...

"This will be one of my favorite books for 2016!"

"I applaud the author for taking amnesia off the beaten path and doing something with it that I have never encountered. It worked. "

"I felt emotionally exhausted by the time I finished Void - in less than 24 hours because I simply could not put it down."

"This book blew me away. I wanted to put it down and do something else, but I simply couldn't."