Between the Covers discussion

Chit Chat > E-book vs. paper book

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Evans | 51 comments Mod
I for a long time read on my kindle. I loved it when my mother bought it for me for my 18th birthday. I thought it was sooo cool. But after moving back to my home state RI, I just joined the library system up here which is amaaazing. Now I am reading pretty much only paper books and I have to say, I think I prefer it. It is nice holding a hard book in my hands, to quickly see where I am in the book, how many pages I have left. Or if I need to I can quickly go back and reread something. I also like leaving the library with 15 books and being able to see all the pretty covers and trying to decide which one to get first.
But I am a nerd.
So which do you prefer?

message 2: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kellyquillia) I love paper books for all the things you mentioned but they just aren't practical for me. I mostly read in bed so my iPad works best. I have been loving the Kobo app because it tells you how often you read, how much time you take on each book, how much you read in each session, and you get little badges for stuff which is totally silly but I love it.

message 3: by Cynthia (new)

Ohh I like that! I have the older kindle, so maybe if I had a newer one ro an iPad and could get that app I would use it more often. That app seems great though.

message 4: by Angelique (new)

Angelique I love paper books, actually turning a page feels so much better than tapping or swiping a screen. However, even after 40 years of trying, I haven't been able to prop up a paper book on its side against a pillow to allow me to fall asleep while reading in bed and that is absolutely no problem with my kindle. So I'm afraid the jury still out on this one for me.

message 5: by Cynthia (new)

Yes, reading before bed is the only time I really prefer my kindle. I love turning the pages, especially when it is a really good intense book. Each time I turn a page I get more and more excited. Gotta figure out that night time reading though!

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Martinez I can't decide!!
I've been reading on my Kindle, and just read two paper books and I love it. The paper is just so much more "real", and the glare on the kindle screen during the day annoys me. Plus I never have to charge a book after DS gets a hold of it and plays on it lol.

But for nighttime, definitely prefer the Kindle. I can relax in bed and get sleepy without having to have a big light on to see.. I can hold it without my hand or neck getting cramped.

If I could have two copies of each book, paper for day and E-book for night then I think id be a happy camper!!