The Challenge Factory discussion

Sharp Objects
This topic is about Sharp Objects
2014 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Talia & Angie - Sharp Objects

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5381 comments Mod
Talia & Angie - Sharp Objects

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments Hi Talia! I don't have my copy of the book yet from the library. Do you want to go by chapters or by pages? Either way works for me.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ wrote: "Hi Talia! I don't have my copy of the book yet from the library. Do you want to go by chapters or by pages? Either way works for me."

Hi Angie, I have my copy but I'll wait for you. There are 17 chapters plus an epilogue, so how about we read four chapters at a time and then comment?

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments Hi Talia! Four chapters works for me. I'll message you as soon as I get my copy from the library.

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments I got my copy today.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Great! I'll start reading this on Monday.

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments I read the first four chapters today. I'm not sure what to make of Camille Preaker at this point. Murders of two children is heartbreaking to me and especially to the town as well. I can't wait to see what is revealed in the next four chapters.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Angie. I just finished chp. 4. I didn't think "Sharp Objects" was going to refer to a cutter. Wow, that was surprising, especially since she only just stopped 6 months ago and she's in her 30s. I've never understood cutting -- I wouldn't want to cause myself physical pain -- but I feel bad for those girls in that treatment place, that they feel so bad that they are compulsed to do that.

When that boy said a woman took Natalie, I suspected Cassie's mom since her daughter had died, but I would think that James would have recognized her if it had been her since she's such a prominent citizen of the town.. I thought it was odd that the police disregarded James's statement when he was an actual eyewitness and they didn't have any other leads. Seems suspicious.

I'm looking forward to seeing where this is headed!

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments I was surprised by this as well. I also think that Camille's mother Adora is completely suspicious and likely a suspect in my book.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I realized yesterday that I called Camille Cassie in my earlier post. I read In the Woods before this, so I think I had Cassie on the brain!

I just finished chp. 8, and now Camille's mom totally creeps me out. Amma is equally creepy, and she seems aggressive enough to do something terrible, so both these ladies are my top suspects.

Do you think a romance will bud between Camille and Richard? Hopefully they will work together to solve these murders. I think Richard is just happy to meet someone in town who will talk to him instead of treating him like an outsider.

message 12: by Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (last edited May 20, 2014 12:37AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments Amma and Adora are just plain creepy to me. Camille and Richard could have relationship but I think because Camille git too many hang ups for it to work out. Your points are correct as well.

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments Blown away by this book.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Now I'm eager to hurry up and finish! I should be done in the next couple days.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I just finished. Wow, that was really good and more than a bit disturbing. That poor family -- they just had no chance at normalcy. Creepy, but an interesting read.

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments I tend to agree with you about the family and normalcy. I read Gone Girl last year. I was surprised by hoe dark it was. Sharp Objects ranks right up here for me. I enjoyed doing the buddy read with you look forward to doing it again in the future.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I read Gone Girl a few months ago, and I see that Flynn likes twisted, dark characters. Now I know what to expect from her works. I enjoyed doing this buddy read with you as well. Thanks!

Lauren Hey guys, sorry to intrude but I read Gone Girl last week and loved it so I bought this book and now I'm halfway through and it's so good! I really love Flynn's writing and how dark and twisted her books are!

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments No worries Lauren. I agree with you Flynn's writing is dark and fascinating as well.

Lauren I just finished it and oh my gosh, I love it. I wasn't that interested in her third book, Dark Places, before. but now I think I need to read it since her other two were just so good!

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Lauren wrote: "I just finished it and oh my gosh, I love it. I wasn't that interested in her third book, Dark Places, before. but now I think I need to read it since her other two were just so good!"

That ending in Sharp Objects totally snuck up on me! Glad you liked it!