Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Yellowstone Four
This topic is about Yellowstone Four
Science Fiction > One of these days, Yellowstone will erupt and when it does..

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ken (last edited Apr 27, 2014 05:24AM) (new)

Ken Kilner | 18 comments I'm new to this, and I thought I had already posted, but nothing showed up, so I'll try again. Yellowstone Four will be released in print and ebook May 7 or thereabouts. So, I herewith announce the book and introduce myself. Giveway in full swing, so please sign up for autographed copy. Book is hard to classify, but basically science fiction, leaning to dystopian humor with generous pinches of political and religious satire added to taste. Who cares about genre, anyway?

message 2: by Ken (new)

Ken Doggett (kendoggett) It showed up under the "Welcome" topic. Take it from another "Ken," it takes awhile to master this stuff. Congratulations on Yellowstone Four, and good luck with it.

message 3: by Ken (last edited Apr 27, 2014 05:25AM) (new)

Ken Kilner | 18 comments Thanks, Ken. It's very reassuring to know someone is out there. So, must I retract one of these posts, or will I be flogged?

message 4: by Humberto (new)

Humberto Contreras | 66 comments Yellowstone will not erupt.

http://phys.org/news/2014-04-yellowst...

Sorry. It seems that frequently I ruin some discussions by bringing up reality.

message 5: by Ken (new)

Ken Doggett (kendoggett) Ken wrote: "Thanks, Ken. It's very reassuring to know someone is out there. So, must I retract one of these posts, or will I be flogged?"

I'd leave it until the flogging starts. Then pretend you didn't know it was there, and graciously remove it.

message 6: by Ken (new)

Ken Kilner | 18 comments Good advice Ken, will do.

message 7: by Ken (new)

Ken Kilner | 18 comments Hi Humberto, also replied to your other comment - discussion not ruined at all - as I pointed out, the book is fiction (and therefore prone to exaggeration and invention) - there's aneough reality out there as it is.

message 8: by Chuck (new)

Chuck Gallup | 1 comments The day science can tell us when earthquakes and eruptions will take place I might take comfort in what science says about Yellowstone.
Reality is science is just as clueless about Yellowstone as the rest of us.

message 9: by Ken (new)

Ken Kilner | 18 comments Chuck wrote: "The day science can tell us when earthquakes and eruptions will take place I might take comfort in what science says about Yellowstone.
Reality is science is just as clueless about Yellowstone as t..."

Amen to that