Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Policies & Practices > Attributing Awards

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Empress (last edited Apr 27, 2014 05:07AM) (new)

Empress (the_empress) If a short story or a novelette is awarded should that be added to any anthologies that contain it?

Example:
Bloodchild the short story is awarded 4 times in the years 1984 and 1985.

In 2005 the story was published again in this editionthat also lists the awards for the short story. This expanded version was first published in 2005.

This book lists the short story awards from two decades before it was actually published. Should those (any awards before the publishing date) be deleted? (I think yes, but have to ask.)

Additional questions: Do we list nominees in the award section?

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 24797 comments Not sure on the first part Ellie, but 99% sure we don't list nominees.

message 3: by Empress (last edited Apr 27, 2014 06:58AM) (new)

Empress (the_empress) Sandra wrote: "Not sure on the first part Ellie, but 99% sure we don't list nominees."

Thank you!

message 4: by Empress (new)

Empress (the_empress) But then there is this option: Uncheck this box for nominees: https://www.goodreads.com/award/edit_...

I assume that happens when you insert the word nominee, but if it is an option then nominees should be listed?

message 5: by Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) (last edited Apr 27, 2014 08:02AM) (new)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) I thought nominees were listed? For example, Feed. Or in 2012 the nominees for 2013 awards, or all those rounds of amazon.com breakthrough/whatever awards?

message 6: by Empress (new)

Empress (the_empress) D.A. - don't mock bully victims who suffered more than a star rating - wrote: "I thought nominees were listed?"

Can you provide any insight into my first question as well?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Feed (other topics)