Goodreads Choice Awards Book Club discussion

Archive > Question for you

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ellana (new)

Ellana Chughtai | 13 comments On average how many books do you read a year, I noticed I on average I read anywhere between 15-30 books a year.

message 2: by Cora (new)

Cora (missteacher333) | 98 comments I teach so I include the books I read with/to my students. I'm taking the Goodreads book challenge again this year and my number is 75. Last year I read 60 but keep in mind, I have summers off.

message 3: by Diamond (new)

Diamond Drake (diamondthewriter) When I'm writing, I usually read about twelve books per year. When I'm not, it's about fifty.

message 4: by Sara (new)

Sara Shaw | 25 comments From January till today, i've finished 156 books. My goal is 550 books this year.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 1467 comments Last year I read 65. I thought this year may be about the same - but I am ahead of schedule.

message 6: by Gale (new)

Gale (goodreadscomglredw) | 22 comments i read approximately 15 to 20

message 7: by Lynn, Moderator (new)

Lynn | 4041 comments Mod
So far this year, from Jan 1st to today, I've read 102 books ..... I have no idea what my goal is now because quite frankly that is way ahead of schedule!

message 8: by Georgia (new)

Georgia (glyonhyde) | 13 comments I tend to read around 15-20 depending on whether I'm studying. I find it amazing how some of you devour so many. If I could be that fast, I'd make a major dent in my 'to read' list which grows and grows the more I read!

ally  ¯\(ツ)/¯ (allykennedy) | 1002 comments Last year I read 80, which is 75 more than the year before. Haha!
So far this year I've read 45. I've set a goal of 100. In summer I plan to slow down a bit and appreciate the sun (after a winter of constant -40c).

message 10: by ally ¯\(ツ)/¯ (new)

ally  ¯\(ツ)/¯ (allykennedy) | 1002 comments Also.. HOLY CRAP LYNN AND SARA!

message 11: by Kelli (new)

Kelli | 10 comments Amount of books is a definite goal, however not all books are of similar length. For example I am reading, and sadly almost finished, Brandon Sanderson's "Words of Radiance" at over 1000 pages. I recently finished all of Scot Lynch's "Gentlemen Bastard" books each weighing in around 700 pages.

message 12: by ally ¯\(ツ)/¯ (new)

ally  ¯\(ツ)/¯ (allykennedy) | 1002 comments That's a good point Kelli! I also keep track of pages, but that also varies by type (hard cover, trade, mass market)

message 13: by Janina (new)

Janina (sylarana) | 692 comments I've read about 50 so far this year. Most of those were of the short and easy variety .. some books take me 2-3 weeks to finish and others less than a day.
In the end, it doesn't really matter to me how much I read as long as I enjoy reading. I only want to challenge myself to read different kinds of books outside of my standard interest range.

message 14: by Erica (new)

Erica (rickie1974) | 80 comments Since June I have read almost 30 books.

message 15: by Lynn, Moderator (new)

Lynn | 4041 comments Mod
☆αlly☆ (litєrαry єscαpist) wrote: "Also.. HOLY CRAP LYNN AND SARA!"

LOL

message 16: by Diana (new)

Diana Gotsch | 37 comments If this year is like past years I will read about 100 to 120 books this year. Right now I am around 45 books. because books are different sizes I tend to think more in terms of pages read. I average about 75 to 1oo pages a day. Of course, I m retired. Also some books read faster than others. Short chapters, blank pages and print size all have an effect.

message 17: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 15 comments I usually read anywhere from 12-18 books a year. I work in retail management, so I don't have as much time to read as some of you. I always have at least one book with me, but depending on the length it may take me a few weeks to finish. I have read 14 books so far this year and am hoping to read at least 24, a new record for me.

message 18: by Stacy (new)

Stacy  okun (stacyo40) | 180 comments i gave myself a challenge of 100 for the year. but idk if I will make it. right now I'm at 21

message 19: by Tawny (new)

Tawny Port | 6 comments What a great thread! I am also one of the ones in the 15-20 as my average (since I work full time and they unfortunately have different expectations than my desire to read). I am inspired and jealous of those of you who accomplish so much more! I think Ally captured my sentiment perfectly!

message 20: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lu30) I read 75 books last year and going for 100 this year - I think I've read about 34 so far. I would rather read than watch tv so I guess that's how I fit them in around work. Oh and I listen to audio books on work journey...and whilst drying my hair hehe

message 21: by Pascale (new)

Pascale Ergas | 1 comments Unfortunately, since im in school and horrible with time management, I read up to 20 on my own. 15 are from vacations.