Goodreads Ireland discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Inactive Discussions > Can someone help me with gifting a kindle book

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by e (new)

e e (elliekeaton) Hi guys

Hope its ok to post this. I have been seeking reviews from US based people as I want to get some traction on my book which is doing ok in .co.uk but absolutely dismal on .com. My problem is that they are asking me to gift them a copy of the kindle book and I didnt think you could do that if you live outside the USA. But I read somewhere on this section - cant find it now - that someone was going to send a gift. Can I do it and if so can someone tell me how? Thank you :-)

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Vane (katevane) Hi

I've always sent reviewers mobi copies of my books which they can upload. Not sure why they'd have a problem with that. I also understand that if you gift someone your book they're not obliged to take it and can use the money for something else!

message 3: by e (new)

e e (elliekeaton) yeah I have been doing that too Kate but seemingly it helps the rankings if you gift a copy of the book for a review - comes up verified purchase. I dont mean to send them a gift card although that is another option people have mentioned.

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate Vane (katevane) Ellie wrote: "yeah I have been doing that too Kate but seemingly it helps the rankings if you gift a copy of the book for a review - comes up verified purchase. I dont mean to send them a gift card although tha..."

All the information you need is on KDP here (you need to be signed in to view) https://kdp.amazon.com/help?ie=UTF8&a...

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Kate wrote: "I also understand that if you gift someone your book they're not obliged to take it..."

That sounds crazy! You'd need to have some nerve to do that.

message 6: by e (new)

e e (elliekeaton) Kate wrote: "Ellie wrote: "yeah I have been doing that too Kate but seemingly it helps the rankings if you gift a copy of the book for a review - comes up verified purchase. I dont mean to send them a gift car..."

Thanks Kate - You answered the question by showing me the .com site. My account is registered on .co.uk which doesnt allow gifting. Time to move it over. Thanks a million :-)

message 7: by e (new)

e e (elliekeaton) Jamie Lynn wrote: "Declan wrote: "Kate wrote: "I also understand that if you gift someone your book they're not obliged to take it..."

That sounds crazy! You'd need to have some nerve to do that."

Wow! You sure would!"

There is a reviewer on amazon that puts a link to one of their own books on every review they do. Every one lol regardless of genre. They reviewed a romance book of a friends and linked to their childrens book in the review lol. Some people will do crazy things.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

And nothing implies good writing like shameless, self-promotion(!)

message 9: by e (new)

e e (elliekeaton) lol wish we had a like button

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Sure, I type these things purely for the lols. :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.