Bisky's Twitterling's Scribbles! discussion

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bisky (last edited Apr 26, 2014 06:41PM) (new)

Bisky Scribbles (bisky_scribbles) | 2536 comments Mod
*If you are wondering where I am, (if I haven't replied to a private message) I have -really- rubbish internet. I am moving apartments on the 1st of May. Plan to be around A LOT more after then. Sorry :/

Just hold on till then! :3!

xx

message 2: by G.G. (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 1053 comments Mod
5 days and counting!!

Good luck! I hate moving but after all is done, it always feels great!

message 3: by Bisky (new)

The display model for my dream dressing table (FAR OUT OF MY BUDGET) came up for sale in IKEA with 200 Dollars off. ;-; After an entire day of terrible rap music, screaming and random drilling of concrete walls ... I'm starting to feel this is meant to be xD

(the table is scruffy, dirty, scratched... but it's mine! >:D!)

message 4: by G.G. (new)

Bisky wrote: "After an entire day of terrible rap music, screaming and random drilling of..."

Is there such a thing as NOT TERRIBLE rap music? /ducks

Sowwy, I couldn't resist. I just can't stand rap. To me, it's not music. No offense here Rap Lovers!

You lost me with the table thing... You bought the ikea one or you're saying that the one you have right now is scruffy, dirty, scratched but at least you don't have to pay for it?

message 5: by Bisky (new)

LOL! I don't care what people listen to. ASLONG AS I DON'T HAVE TO HEAR IT!!

I mean, the piece I wanted, was avalible for the public to poke and move around. Usually, you buy IKEA furniture in the box.

This was already on the display. People had been touching it for months, wondering if they wanted it.

They wanted to change display, so it came up for sale.

So I got it for 200 dollars off :]
(I didnt explain that well xD )

message 6: by G.G. (new)

Cool!!! The scratches and tears aren't important. It gives the piece character. :)
I'm glad for you that you got it. IT's great to treat ourselves sometimes. :) ( I should say it's ALWAYS great to treat ourselves, but it's not always possible, so I'll stick with the sometimes. :P)

message 7: by Bisky (new)

It's somewhere I can keep my makeup things without it taking up too much space :D Hurray for storage ^^!

message 8: by Claire (new)

Claire (cycraw) | 278 comments Heh, a random topic, just what I was looking for. @Bisky, I was wondering if we could start a few threads, maybe even under a new section in the forum for suggestions. I said a few because I thought maybe we could keep them genre specific. As a person living in a non-English speaking country it is sometimes hard for me to find new reads that are worth my time. So if we had a folder where people could recommend books to each other according to genre it'd be great. (Obviously books that person has read themselves and enjoyed, not just stuff you've heard about but have no idea whether it is.) We could have a format for it. Something like:
Title
Author
Age Group
A short description/the blurb

Anyway, you're the forum boss so I give the idea over to you. Ty

message 9: by Hamid (new)

Hamid Karima | 24 comments @Claire, this is a good idea, you can create a thread and copy&paste these sentences for its explanation.

message 10: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Michelle | 450 comments Mod
@Claire Hamid is right. Sounds like a good idea :) go ahead and make a new topic and copy and paste what you posted here into there. You don't have to wait for anyone's approval to make a new topic so whenever you feel like it go ahead and make one! If it's really inappropriate for our group...well that's what the boss is for ;p

message 11: by Nicole (new)

@Bisky I'm not gonna lie, when you said dressing table I envisioned either salads or a table one stands on to get dressed XD silly Nicole.

message 12: by Bisky (new)

@Claire, I was actually thinking of making a kind of discussion folder where you could discuss books in each new thread. So maybe post alittle about each book (And make the topic about the book)

And if you're looking for a book, you can ask there too. If it gets larger I'll make folders for genres

Then other people who have read it can discuss it after. what do you think?

(I also put this in the wrong folder last night ^^'

But I was very drunk.)

message 13: by Claire (new)

Claire (cycraw) | 278 comments @Bisky, the reason I said genre specific was because not everyone likes everything and having to wade through all the different book topics is tiresome if it's not what you're looking for. I'm sure discussion threads will pop up for books that are being widely read in any case, but if I haven't read a book, I doubt I'd go to a discussion thread because a) I gave no idea what it's about and b) spoilers.
If we kept a section only for suggestions, people could browse through the threads they are interested in. I'm not saying don't open discussion threads, just maybe a bit of both.

message 14: by Bisky (new)

Ahh ok, I see ^^ Well I've made a folder called I'm lookingfor/ I recommend. If you'd like to start a thread there I can just write up a rule thread later :3

message 15: by Bisky (new)

I'm back! All settled in, well not quite. Gonna unpack my clothes today. But I should be about again!

BTW know the drilling I was always whining about? Turns out someone in the apartment building had carved a dip in the concrete floor and was growing potatoes in their living room.

message 16: by David (new)

David Grindberg | 28 comments potatoes? In the living room? That's just weird!

message 17: by Bisky (new)

I know. Potatoes here are cheap too. The SO said he'd heard a similar story here before. We weren't in a nice area and some people had some very odd schemes to make money.

message 18: by G.G. (last edited May 08, 2014 10:15AM) (new)

WOW, are you sure it was not pot (as in marijuana) he intended to plant but hid his intent with potato plants?:P

message 19: by Bisky (new)

definatly potatoes lol I mean, no garden on the 10th floor xD

message 20: by Carl (new)

Carl I like Nicole's dressing table.

message 21: by Bisky (new)

Someone was hungry I think :P

message 22: by Nicole (new)

Fooooood

message 23: by Carl (new)

Carl nom nom

message 24: by G.G. (new)

Ok... Bisky bought a 'dressing' table to fix herself a loaded potato grown in her neighbor's living room.

Now it's my turn to be hungry...

message 25: by Bisky (new)

HAAAaaaa ;D I see what you did there.

message 26: by Steve (new)

Steve Downes (stevedownes) | 53 comments deleting rude comments from my Editor on Temporal Tome .... is there any better way to spend an afternoon!!