Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > Can't add a book.

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tom (new)

Tom Cole | 5 comments I have been given lots of directions on how to add a book to my authored books. I try everything and nothing works. I just click in circles.

I would like to add ISBN 9781478393931 to my authored books.

message 3: by Tom (new)

Tom Cole | 5 comments Well, I can see it among my books but I have no idea how to add the title to my list of books that I wrote on my author page. I want it to be listed there.

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41655 comments Mod
When a book has multiple editions, only the default edition will show up on the author's profile. All other editions are viewable by clicking the "2 editions" link.

message 5: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19394 comments I think I see your confusion. If you click on the edition of Las Misterios that appears on your author page you will see links for "other editions" and for "all editions". Clicking either of those will show you the second edition. Since it is the same book but just in a different version, they are combined, even though one is bilingual. If you want that edition to show on your page instead of the all Spanish edition, you may be able to do that.

message 6: by Tom (new)

Tom Cole | 5 comments Thanks. I guess that is the problem. There are two editions of one of the grammar books too, but the correct one is showing as the Prentice Hall version is out of print. Actually, I would prefer the bilingual version, but I click around and I'm not sure how to switch them. If you don't have an idea of how to replace the one showing with the other, I can email one of the helpers at Goodreads. If she can't fix it then I guess I can live with the one version. Thanks again.

message 7: by Empress (new)

Empress (the_empress) Tom wrote: "Thanks. I guess that is the problem. There are two editions of one of the grammar books too, but the correct one is showing as the Prentice Hall version is out of print. Actually, I would prefer th..."

http://www.goodreads.com/help/show/31...

message 8: by Tom (new)

Tom Cole | 5 comments 2) Click "edit details" below the book's description.

3) On the right side of the page, click "Set this book as the primary edition for this work". It's about midway down the page.

I see nothing like 2 or 3. Perhaps I'm not a Goodreads author or something?

message 9: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41655 comments Mod
For step 2, you need to be on this page: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 10: by Tom (new)

Tom Cole | 5 comments Thanks! It actually worked!