Award-Nominated Fiction discussion

Bony Blithe Award

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cathy (last edited Apr 27, 2014 01:46PM) (new)

Cathy Spencer (cm_spencer) | 13 comments Mod
Framed for Murder by Cathy Spencer

Framed for Murder is one of the 5 books nominated for the Bony Blithe Award for Light Mystery, the winner to be announced on June 7 at the Bloody Words Conference in Toronto. Light Mystery "includes everything from laugh-out-loud to gentle humour to good old-fashioned stories with little violence or gore."

Here's a brief synopsis of "Framed for Murder."

Anna Nolan discovers her ex-husband, Jack, on a deserted country road one night; dead, unfortunately. To divert the suspicion of the tall, cool Brit investigating the crime, Anna delves into Jack's personal life, only to discover that the actor had been romancing three very different women on a nearby film set. But had Anna better be careful - one of them could be a killer! (Book 1 in the Anna Nolan mystery series)

There's more information about about all my books on this website: http://cmspencer.blogspot.ca/

message 2: by E.R. (new)

E.R. Brown (er_brown) | 4 comments Hi Cathy and thanks for starting this discussion. My book, Almost Criminal, is up for 2 awards this season: an Edgar Award for Best Paperback Original, and an Arthur Ellis for Best First Novel. The Edgars are in New York.. I'm up against Stephen King and an array of blockbusters, which is kind of cool for a first novel from Canada. The Arthur Ellis awards are Canada's equivalent.

Almost Criminal is a crime novel set in the underworld of BC Bud; it follows a gifted, but struggling young man, a barista, who is recruited by a specialty producer of strains of marijuana for medicinal (and other!) purposes. At first things are innocent enough... he deals with compassion clubs and artisanal growers. But of course, that doesn't last.

The Globe and Mail said: "This is funny and twisted in the same vein as Breaking Bad (but very Canadian on the crime)... This is Brown’s debut and it’s an auspicious one."

There's more on my Goodreads page and here: http://www.erbrown.com

message 3: by Cathy (new)

Authors, you may want to add your book to the group bookshelf. Scroll to the top of the page under the group name, "Award-Nominated Fiction," and click on "Bookshelf."

message 4: by Cathy (new)

I'm thrilled to announce that I won the Bony Blithe mystery award for my cozy mystery, "Framed for Murder." Huzzah!
Framed for Murder

message 5: by E.R. (new)

E.R. Brown (er_brown) | 4 comments Congrats Cathy!

message 6: by J. (new)

J. Kent Messum | 4 comments Cathy wrote: "I'm thrilled to announce that I won the Bony Blithe mystery award for my cozy mystery, "Framed for Murder." Huzzah!
Framed for Murder"

Congratulations!

message 7: by Cathy (new)

E.R. wrote: "Congrats Cathy!"

Thanks, E.R.
Cathy

message 8: by Cathy (new)

Thank you, too, J. Kent.
Cathy