Gregor and the Code of Claw (Underland Chronicles, #5) Gregor and the Code of Claw discussion

Am I the only one....

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily Ann (last edited Apr 26, 2014 05:20AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emily Ann I just wondered if anyone else thought this book shouldn't really be called a children's book. To me it was a little too bloody and gross I think it would be better if it was in young adult.

message 2: by B (new) - rated it 5 stars

B I think it's a kid's book because it's about a twelve-year-old. I definitely see where you're coming from, but the truth is, there are a lot of violent kids books - think about the 39 Clues.

Emily Ann Yeah I guess and your right about 39 Clues but at the same time it just seems...not vary childlike. I mean the first few books were kid like and all but the last two get kind of gruesome at parts for a children's book.

I do read a lot of books like that though. Books that aren't young adult because the kids are young but they do things that are sometimes not childlike.

message 4: by B (new) - rated it 5 stars

B For sure, i totally agree with you. But i guess some teenagers would have a hard time reading about and 11 year old.

Diana Braxton This book series is actually a very dark, serious series that probably fits more for people in between YA and children, or more for mature younger kids.