Brain to Books Cyber Convention (FAIRGROUNDS) discussion

2016 Archives > Angela B. Chrysler: Philospoher, author, nerd... Calling all Nerds...

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angela (last edited Apr 09, 2016 03:06AM) (new)

Angela Chrysler (abchrysler) | 78 comments Mod
Official Site Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram Pinterest Amazon

WELCOME TO THE 2016 BRAIN TO BOOKS CYBER CONVENTION!

And welcome to my corner of this book fest! I feel obligated to say something about the Brain to Books Cyber Convention as I am the owner and founder of Brain to Books and I am your host. So here it goes! *Flashily presents the Brain to Books Cyber Convention* . This is my brain baby. You're standing in it. Wallow in my cyber cerebral. Just watch the neurons. They squeal when stepped on. Full Brain to Books back story here

Okay, enough of Brain to Books. I'm here at this booth as an author. I am Angela B. Chrysler. My readers describe me as eloquent and sophisticated. I am an intellect and this drips through my writing. No easy reads here... Unless you dip into my blog novels. So... What genres do I write? Everything really, but fantasy is my forte.

I hate dribbling on for pages about feelings. I prefer action, adventure, and puzzles, which you'll find all over my books. I love things honest, real, raw, and dark. I mean, "Poe" dark... or Macbeth. I enjoy telling stories that take place in a darker, harsher world as it once was. And I don't believe in softening the truth. You can meet me on our 72-hour live coverage almost anytime all day!

I have a lot to cover and everything I have to show you is already on my site. So instead of bringing pages of information to you on this tiny post, with dry words on white space, I have built a short... hm... "tour" for you that takes you through my world. Along the way, you'll find hidden chests filled with FREEBIES AND GIVEAWAYS. I'm a fantasy writer. I'm milking this.

Strikes pose and pulls upon the energy housed within the earth. Grains of golden sand seep through the earth and envelope me in a kick-ass golden gown of gossamer. The world around you melts into hues of blues outlined with golden threads of magic that appears to be woven seamlessly into this realm. In the distance mountains touch a sapphire sky and waterfalls pour from the clouds into a crystal lake where elk birds fly.

Fantasy Fav

"We call it Seidr here in Under Earth," I say as a circlet forms on my brow and I extend my hand to you. "I have much in place with means in which to entertain you, so please... follow me through the worlds I see.

"Be sure you scroll down when we get there, but not too far. You're looking for a green button to the right labeled "Enter Under Earth."

The "Events" Map
The "Genre" Map

#Fantasy
#Historical
#Memoir
#Romance
#Thriller
#WomensFiction

message 2: by Angela (last edited Apr 06, 2016 05:49AM) (new)

I collect people in a very "Slughorn" kind of way. It's simple. I surround myself with people I love. In 2015, I brought together a group of people on Twitter who quickly became my writing family. It is with great pleasure and giddiness that I introduce you to this collection of high-spirited, talented, pirate-loving authors who make up this zany crew. Follow the Giveaway Hop, enter their giveaways, and meet the authors dearest to me. On to the next Crew Member!
Recommended Slush Brain Authors

C.L. Schneider
Stanislava D. Kohut
Stan Sudan
Adam Dreece
Matthew William Harrill
Chess DeSalls
Kylie Jude
Jennifer Sage

message 3: by Angela (last edited Apr 08, 2016 04:22PM) (new)

GIVEAWAY WINNERS ANNOUNCED HERE

Check back periodically for the winners. If you are looking to enter the giveaways you'll need to Enter Under Earth.

description

Hahahaha....
Bergen is in the Tournaments!

http://brackify.com/b/190/b2b-tourney

Protagonist

Character's Breed: "Ljosalfar" (Light Elf)

Character's Role: Elfin Warrior Prince and Berserker known as "The Dark One" Character's Physical & Psychological Description: Bergen Tryggveson, the 6'2'' elfin Nord Lord and Prince of Gunir, is renowned for his appreciation of women, mead, and mischief. Not only is he the heir of the elfin city, Gunir, he is also the son of a Swan Maiden. And he knows this.

Bergen is laid-back, bored easily, and often restless. Despite this, it takes very little to rouse Bergen\'s temper when the right threats are made. Dedicating the majority of his time to sword play, mischief making, and drinking, Bergen finds little time for anything else, least of all being responsible. His tongue is as sharp as his mind. His self pride knows no bounds. But the charm of Bergen lies, not with his playful banter, but with the secrets buried in his dark past. Impatient to hear his name immortalized in song, Bergen traveled abroad to study music, prose, and recitation in Eire's Land.

His years of bard training came to a halt when he uncovered a secret buried in the archives. His discovery earned him the attention of Fand, Fae goddess and wife of the sea god, Mannann Mac Lyr. Her attention landed Bergen in the forgotten Fae realm known as Under Earth. His captivity left Bergen with a curse.

Life in the Dvergar mines turned his once silver-blue eyes, a deep black. In addition to his malformed eyes, Bergen bears a plethora of scars on his back—which he conceals with his waist length, black hair—and a case of claustrophobia so bad, that Bergen can't wear a shirt on his back without being reminded of the cell he was holed up in for a century. His only goal is to kill Fand if ever he can get close enough. His greatest fear is the Dvergar who enslaved him. His deepest love is reserved only for the life of his brother, Rune: the last of his kin.

Character's Tagline: "Songs will be written of my deeds here this day! And I'm going to write them!"

message 4: by Angela (last edited Apr 06, 2016 06:12AM) (new)

CONVENTION SCHEDULE FOR BRAIN TO BOOKS AND ANGELA B. CHRYSLER

I am in New York and will be at my booth from 8:00 AM to 8 PM EST on 8, 9, & 10 April 2016 unless otherwise stated. All YouTube Live events listed below will be posted on my site.

I am scheduled to make an appearance at every major event this weekend. Follow me through the Convention and miss almost nothing.
Blog Tours

Story Hop hosted by Valerie Hemlin
Story Time Tour hosted by Angela B. Chrysler
Fantasy Blog Tour
Science Fiction Blog Tour
Romance/Erotica Blog Tour

6 APRIL 2016
9:00 PM EST Interview with S.J. Hermann Read the interview here on 8 April 2016.

8 APRIL 2016
7:00 AM EST - Mandatory Maintenance Check and Troubleshooting
10:00 AM EST Opening Event Ceremony on Facebook.
12:00 AM EST Angela B. Chrysler on Facebook
2:00 PM EST Brain to Books on Helldat
3:00 PM EST Memoir Panel Discussion on YouTube Live
4:00 PM EST Cover Wars Winners Announced
5:00 PM EST Signing off for Family Game Night.

9 APRIL 2016
10:00 AM EST Reader's Fantasy Land on Facebook
12:00 AM EST Brain to Books on Facebook
1:00 PM EST World Building Panel Discussion on YouTube Live
5:00 PM EST Domestic Violence Awareness Panel Discussion on YouTube Live
7:00 PM EST Live Interview with Kori D. Miller
8:00 PM EST Live Interview with Joshua Blum (Airs on Monday)

10 APRIL 2016
12:00 AM EST Zombies! Panel Discussions YouTube Live
1:00 PM EST Brain to Books on Facebook Cover Wars Winners Announced
2:00 PM EST on Helldat
6:00 PM EST Epic Fantasy Panel Discussion on YouTube Live
7:00 PM EST Closing Ceremony on YouTube Live
8:00 PM EST Giveaway Winners Announced

11 APRIL 2016
8:00 PM EST Live Interview with Joshua Blum

Follow me. Find me.

Official Site Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram Pinterest Amazon

message 5: by Jean (new)

Jean Gill (jeangill) | 18 comments Wonderful introduction to the festival and to your books. Thank you for organising it all - it's as good as the Hay Festival, and without the mud and wind.

message 6: by A. (new)

A. Aaroones) (AMNestler) | 110 comments Hi Angela! You are absolutely fantastic for creating this event. I am an indie author as well as a book reviewer on my blog and I love associating with other authors. What better way is there to do that than to stay at home on your computer? ;)
~Ashley

message 7: by A. (new)

A. Aaroones) (AMNestler) | 110 comments I will also be purchasing your novels on Kindle to review them on my blog. "Broken" looks utterly fantastic! I also write fantasy and write about hard topics, so I love seeing another author who does the same.

message 8: by Angela (new)

Ashley wrote: "Hi Angela! You are absolutely fantastic for creating this event. I am an indie author as well as a book reviewer on my blog and I love associating with other authors. What better way is there to do..."

Hello, Ashley! Thank you!