Backstory discussion

Debates > Rape

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by liz, Don't let too much of yesterday take up too much of today (new)

liz | 889 comments Mod
Should the victim be blamed?

message 2: by Jess (new)

Jess NO. When I hear about stuff like that it just makes so angry. Raping a person is disgusting.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Of course not. It...happened to me. Would you blame me for something my my uncle did?

message 4: by liz, Don't let too much of yesterday take up too much of today (new)

liz | 889 comments Mod
no not at all because I have too. just some people want Ro blame us because its never happened to them.

message 5: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (jacobhottlifesucksthenwedie) | 187 comments I think it all depends on the circumstances of such a situation. One must inquire the possibility of statutory rape falsely called Domestic Assault Rape.

In which great deals of investigation must undergo to prove that the one who screamed "Rape" was actually raped or simply lied about their age and taken advantage of out of their own doings of teasing and manipulation.

message 6: by Maddie (new)

Maddie C. | 189 comments Why would you blame the victim??? I don't understand!

message 7: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilyawesomesauce) | 8 comments Maddie wrote: "Why would you blame the victim??? I don't understand!"

Some people blame the victim if the person were drinking, what they were wearing, etc. It is all dumb. The victim should never, under ANY circumstance be blamed for being raped.

message 8: by liz, Don't let too much of yesterday take up too much of today (new)

liz | 889 comments Mod
Also sometimes (especially at my school) if a couple gets caught having sex, the girl (more times than not) will claim it was rape just so she doesn't get in trouble.

message 9: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (jacobhottlifesucksthenwedie) | 187 comments liz wrote: "Also sometimes (especially at my school) if a couple gets caught having sex, the girl (more times than not) will claim it was rape just so she doesn't get in trouble."

Exactly what I just said!!!! Thank you!!!!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Demy wrote: "I think the victim should never be blamed. But some people take advantage of it, like if the woman or man (because YES, men are abused by other men as well) was drunk (like Emily said), they will p..."

AMEN

message 11: by Hai (new)

Hai (angelslayer) I don't understand this argument.

Why should the person being raped be blamed for the person raping them?

Should children be blamed for being molested?

Should murder victims be blamed because they were killed?

Should people who get robbed be blamed because they have a lot of nice stuff?

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Victims should never be blamed for getting raped. If they don't tell anyone, they should be blamed for keeping it a secret, but they shouldn't be blamed for being raped! We should just blame the rapists! They were the ones who committed this horrendous crime! They're the ones who did it in the first place!

message 13: by liz, Don't let too much of yesterday take up too much of today (new)

liz | 889 comments Mod
some people believe that the victim should be blamed of they were out when they weren't supposed to, wearing seducing clothing, or hanging with the wrong crowd...how do I know this? my mother fits every single one of those

message 14: by Hai (new)

Hai (angelslayer) So by this logic, a person who does all of these things should get raped, and the rapist should be freed after raping her? I still don't follow that.

It's not illegal to wear seductive clothing.
it's not illegal to hang out with a bad crowd.
it's not illegal to get drunk (over a certain age)

What is illegal is to forcibly rape someone against their will. People should be responsible for their own actions. The rapist should be sent to prison for his own crimes.

message 15: by Hai (new)

Hai (angelslayer) I'll just leave this here...

description

message 16: by DarkAurora (new)

DarkAurora | 31 comments i understand if the victim didn't want to tell anyone,because i wouldn't tell my parents i would tell anyone but my parents,because their overprotective bubble would increase soooo much that i wouldn't be able to walk down the street.BUT,the rapist or criminal should be sentenced for life,for ruining that girls life and then expect sudden pregnancy that they didn't even plan for it to happen,a baby should be made with love not with unwillingness...

message 17: by liz, Don't let too much of yesterday take up too much of today (new)

liz | 889 comments Mod
i love how none of the comments are on the fact it said he was a rapist

message 18: by DarkAurora (new)

DarkAurora | 31 comments WHAT?!

message 19: by liz, Don't let too much of yesterday take up too much of today (new)

liz | 889 comments Mod
picture that hai posted shows a headline that says something like girl sets rapist on fire as revenge and there's a picture of a guy on fire beneath it an all the comments hav something to do with him wearing flammable clothing not the fact that he was a rapist

message 20: by liz, Don't let too much of yesterday take up too much of today (new)

liz | 889 comments Mod
many people who are raped get blamed...doesn't mean its right but it happens

message 21: by liz, Don't let too much of yesterday take up too much of today (new)

liz | 889 comments Mod
exactly.... but some people think its the victims fault by "leading the guy/girl on"

message 22: by Kay [Angel] (new)

Kay [Angel] | 57 comments liz wrote: "picture that hai posted shows a headline that says something like girl sets rapist on fire as revenge and there's a picture of a guy on fire beneath it an all the comments hav something to do with ..."
I think it's supposed to be funny, because all of the things they said are basically arguments people make for blami.g the victim.

message 23: by liz, Don't let too much of yesterday take up too much of today (new)

liz | 889 comments Mod
exactly

message 24: by liz, Don't let too much of yesterday take up too much of today (new)

liz | 889 comments Mod
like some sluts that get raped were "asking for it"

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

liz wrote: "like some sluts that get raped were "asking for it""

That's not rape, rape is forceful.

message 26: by liz, Don't let too much of yesterday take up too much of today (new)

liz | 889 comments Mod
yes but some people claim that though it was forceful they brought it on themselves

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

That is just so gross. From experience, I don't know how can they even say that.

message 28: by liz, Don't let too much of yesterday take up too much of today (new)

liz | 889 comments Mod
some people just have a different way of thinking