Indie Author's Marketplace discussion

Alicia Fisher
This topic is about Alicia Fisher
General > pleased to meetcha'--- and a Q too

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vivid (new)

Vivid (mournfulbeast) | 2 comments Good day. Happy to have found this group and look forward to exchanging with other indie writers. However! To engage/promote/etc. my small-press- published chap book I must figure out how to...(blush!) insert an image----that being the cover of Tenants (book) of course. I know, I know. See, I was born in the wrong era & find some of the basics (or, more so what others consider 'basic') of technology not at all, well, basic! Help would/will be madly appreciated. It's like, Hey, you can organize/conduct readings, workshops, whatnot--but ya can't figure out how to insert a friggin photo?! (The upload-process isn't the same as your personal-page avatar, right?)Yikes. And thanks---in advance!

message 2: by Elaine, VampPrincess Mod (new)

Elaine White | 202 comments Mod
Vivid wrote: "Good day. Happy to have found this group and look forward to exchanging with other indie writers. However! To engage/promote/etc. my small-press- published chap book I must figure out how to...(blu..."

Hi Vivid,

First, the book needs to be added to Goodreads for you to 'tag' it. If not, you need to add it. This is really easy to do. You just go to this page - https://www.goodreads.com/book/new?bo... - and add the official details of the book, including cover. You can't add a cover later without the help of a librarian, so it's best to add it straight away. Then just click 'create book' at the bottom.

Once it's been added to Goodreads, then adding the image to a comment is really easy. When you're writing in the box, there's a link at the top 'add book/author'. Click that and a box will appear, keeping you on your comment page. Then all you have to do is type the name of the book or author you want to add to the search box. You can choose to add a direct link to the Goodreads page for the book, the author or you can add the cover image. Once you find the book you want, click 'add'.

Here's my example. This is my book, so I type in Runaway Girl to the search box, or my name, and then voila! Runaway Girl (The Secrets of Avelina Chronicles, #1) by Elaine White Now all anyone has to do is click on the image or the link to go straight to the Goodreads page for your book.

Hope this helps. x

message 3: by Vivid (new)

Vivid (mournfulbeast) | 2 comments Hi Elaine--Thank you thank you! Especially for your precision. I actually 'get it'... Will keep you (literally) posted. Take care. Yours In gratitude, Vivid.

message 4: by Elaine, VampPrincess Mod (new)

Elaine White | 202 comments Mod
Vivid wrote: "Hi Elaine--Thank you thank you! Especially for your precision. I actually 'get it'... Will keep you (literally) posted. Take care. Yours In gratitude, Vivid."

You're very welcome. :) Pleased to help any time I can.