The Reasons Why you wrote your book or books discussion

Book Title Choices > Finding Passion: Confessions of a Fifty Year Old Runaway

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christy (new)

Christy Walker | 10 comments I wrote the book as the result of going to a conference in Scotland. A part of the conference involved confronting out inner critic and challenging ourselves to do what we had dreamed about doing.
The title came about because I wanted to write about how easy it is for people to take each other for granted. I also wondered what a person would do to break out of the mould family, society, and our own inhibitions have set for us.

message 2: by Jcwillis53 (new)

Jcwillis53 Brown (southerncomfortauthor) | 51 comments and what did you discover when you put the thoughts on paper? I have now met the 60 in our life and faced it head on...I am glad to be this old and still care about life. I have done so many things in the past 2 years that I would never have thought possible that as I age I think I am growing and expanding. Maybe I no longer set limitations on what I expect and that is making the difference...or maybe I just don't want another day to go by without me doing something that I really want to do. I am proud of all of us who are brave enough to put pen to paper and leave our words for everyone to read. Good for you!

message 3: by Christy (new)

Christy Walker | 10 comments Jcwillis53 wrote: "and what did you discover when you put the thoughts on paper? I have now met the 60 in our life and faced it head on...I am glad to be this old and still care about life. I have done so many things..."

i discovered that i could do it, that if i wanted to i could grow. the funny thing is people think it is a memoir.

i have to admit, i am loving being 51. i have also done more than i thought possible. i think it is because i realize how much living i want to do while i can enjoy it and i am determined to challenge myself.

message 4: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Darkchild (brooklyndarkchild) | 13 comments Sounds like a very interesting book Christy. As someone kicking 50 in the head I can definitely relate. There's a peaceful joy in aging that I don't think everyone is in touch with; but they should be. I'm gonna add your book to my TBR list.

message 5: by Christy (new)

Christy Walker | 10 comments Thanks Brooklyn. I'm thinking about doig a giveaway for finding passion though.

message 6: by Brooklyn (new)

Brooklyn Darkchild (brooklyndarkchild) | 13 comments I've got a giveaway going on now http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/33...
and the response has far exceeded my wildest dreams. You should try it.

message 7: by Christy (new)

Christy Walker | 10 comments thanks brooklyn, i'll give it a try

message 8: by K.L. (new)

K.L. Brady (karlab27) | 4 comments Yes, you need to do a giveaway, Christy. This book and your main character are absolutely among my favorites. You need to share it with the world. :) I'm still in disbelief that I wrote a book so many people are interested in reading. It's a very humbling feeling.