Challenge: 50 Books discussion

*Retired* 2008 Lists > Lisa's 50 Books so far!!! Done woo hoo!!!

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (wwwtiggeriffic81hotmailcom) | 17 comments 10- Light on snow - Anita Shreve.
11- P.S I love you - Cecelia Ahern. This one i had read before but wanted to read it again after seeing the film.

12- The shakespeare secret - J.L Carrell.
This book was a lot of work, i really wasn't that struck on it at all but i had started it so i didn't want to not finish it. It was so like the da vinci code but instead of searching for the holy grail they were looking for a lost shakespeare play. I was so glad when i finally finished reading it!!!

message 2: by Judith (new)

Judith (jloucks) How did you like "Light On Snow"? I loved Shreve's The Pilot's Wife".

message 3: by Deb (new)

Deb Judith I love following your comments; you comment on such a wide variety of books it is refereshing; I try and read many types of books also; that is one of the things that is great about this site so many books of all types; I tend to just look at lists that everyone is reading; #1 at the books stores or book lists and this is just because I didn't know where to look for great books before but now I do! You just have such a great book list!

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (wwwtiggeriffic81hotmailcom) | 17 comments I really liked "Light on Snow". That was the first Anita Shreve book that I read but I went to the bookshop after that and bought some more. I dont have The Pilot's Wife yet but i read about it and it sounds really good so its next on my to buy list.

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (wwwtiggeriffic81hotmailcom) | 17 comments 13- The Baby Trail - Sinead Moriarty
14- Up all night - Carmen Reid
15- A Perfect Match - Sinead Moriarty
16- From here to Maternity - Sinead Moriarty

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (wwwtiggeriffic81hotmailcom) | 17 comments 17- Strange fits of passion - Anita Shreve
18- Notes from an Exhibition - Patrick Gale

I liked Notes from an Exhibition but it was a bit of a strange book!! It jumped about from the past to the present so much that when it finally finished it felt like it was half way through the story. There seemed to be too many unanswered questions as well, when i finished it i felt like is that it!!

message 7: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (wwwtiggeriffic81hotmailcom) | 17 comments 19- Lucy Sullivan is getting Married - Marian Keyes
20- High Fidelity - Nick Hornby
21- Ask again later - Jill. A. Davis
22- The Choice - Nicholas Sparks
23- Mermaids - Patty Dann
24- The Reader - Bernhard Schlink

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (wwwtiggeriffic81hotmailcom) | 17 comments 25- The Art of French Kissing - Kristin Harmel
26- The Slow Moon - Elizabeth Cox
27- West End Girls - Jenny Colgan
28- Rebecca's Tale - Sally Beauman

message 9: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (wwwtiggeriffic81hotmailcom) | 17 comments 29- I Capture the Castle - Dodie Smith
30- For One More Day - Mitch Albom
31- Late Nigth Shopping - Carmen Read
32- Operation Sunshine - Jenny Colgan
33- Goodnight Beautiful - Dorothy Koomson
34- Got you Back - Jane Fallon
35- Thuesdays with Morrie - Mitch Albom
36- The Mermaid Singing - Lisa Carey
37- Thanks for the Memories - Cecelia Ahern
38- Stardust - Neil Gaiman
39- Gullivers Travels - Jonathan Swift
40- Moll Flanders - Daniel Defoe
41- Fanny Hill - John Cleland

message 10: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (wwwtiggeriffic81hotmailcom) | 17 comments 42- The Jane Austen Bookgroup - Karen Joy Fowler
43- The School ofr Scandal - Richard Brinsley Sheridan
44- The Boy in the Stripped Pyjamas - John Boyne

message 11: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (wwwtiggeriffic81hotmailcom) | 17 comments 45- Tess of the D'Urberville - Thomas Hardy
46- Lady Chatterly's Lover - D.H. Lawrence
47- The Oxford Murders - Guillermo Martinez
48- Mrs de Winter - Susan Hill
49- The Pilots Wife - Anita Shreve

Hopefully i'll make the 50!!!

message 12: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (wwwtiggeriffic81hotmailcom) | 17 comments 50- Blitz - Vince Cross
Done!!!!!

message 13: by Mary Todd (new)

Mary Todd (MaryTodd) | 924 comments clink of champagne glasses to YOU!