The YA and Middle Grade Fiction Group discussion

Book Nook > Reading in print vs. reading on a phone

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Madeline (new)

Madeline Reynolds | 214 comments Mod
I have heard some debate off and on about this matter and wanted to hear what you all think. Do you prefer to read a book on paper or on your phone/kindle? Which is better?

message 2: by Madeline (new)

I personally prefer to read on paper. The world is already addicted to electronics, and there is no reason to add to it. Also, for those of us who find a good book and read for an hour or two straight, the radiation for the screen you are reading from can cause brain damage, especially if your face is close to the screen.

message 3: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (danielleprice97) I also prefer paper but I tend to read electronically more as it means I can buy more for less and take more books away with me since I travel a lot

message 4: by Madeline (new)

Those are excellent points :)

message 5: by Jen (new)

Jen Garrett | 100 comments I find myself reading paper books faster than electronic books. I do read my scriptures on the computer, but have yet to delve into my growing library of electronic books.

A paper book is easier to fall asleep with in my opinion.

message 6: by Madeline (new)

Jen wrote: "I find myself reading paper books faster than electronic books. I do read my scriptures on the computer, but have yet to delve into my growing library of electronic books.

A paper book is easier ..."

Good point :)