The Reading Challenge Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Readathons > The Last Readathon of 2015 - General Discussion

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kassandra (new)

Kassandra | -1 comments Our final Readathon of 2015 is upon us! Let's spend the last week of the month reading to our heart's content (or as much as our busy schedules will allow)..

From 12:01 a.m. on December 25 to 11:59 p.m. on December 31 we encourage all members to join us for our Readathon. Feel free to read as much as you can (even if that is only a little) and use this thread to discuss all things Readathon!

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 14 comments I'm so glad for the inspiration of this readathon -- my family has been spending 2 or 3 hours every morning since Christmas sitting in the Livingroom together, reading. I've just finished _Ex Libris_today, and am moving on to _The Wood Wife_!

message 3: by Helena (new)

Helena | 2 comments I didn't read a lot the first two days of the readathon. I had work, but now I am back❤️

message 4: by Beth (new)

message 5: by Kassandra (new)

Kassandra | -1 comments Wow, everyone is doing great so far!

Elizabeth, I love that your family is taking time to read every day. That sounds like a wonderful way to spend time to gene and make progress on your goals!

message 6: by Sam F (last edited Dec 28, 2015 01:19PM) (new)

Sam F | 198 comments I just finished Snow Apples. A lovely little book. Now off to read Somewhere Inside: One Sister's Captivity in North Korea and the Other's Fight to Bring Her Home. Should be interesting!

message 7: by Stella (new)

Stella (stellarreads) | 46 comments I've read and finished Shatter me on Xmas Day and day 2, I've also finished Olive Branches Dont Grow on Trees last night, and am about half way through with Unravel me :) So I have two more books to read to complete my 2015 reading challenge and I think I'll succeed if I manage to finish Unravel me (and probably Hugo Cabret afterwards) and there is currently a great possibility of succeeding so I'm very happy :)

message 8: by PinkieFairy (last edited Dec 31, 2015 10:28AM) (new)

message 9: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 106 comments Finished reading Doctor Who: Big Bang Generation so far.

message 10: by Kassandra (new)

Kassandra | -1 comments I can't believe there is only one day left. This week has flown by! I'm starting Luckiest Girl Alive today.

message 11: by Renee, Mistress of the Mini-Challenge (new)

Renee M | 4727 comments Mod
Finally finished Indigo. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone contemplating the Rainbow mini-challenge in 2016.

My other major read this week has been Fodor's New Orleans 2016. Lots of interesting trivia and history bites as well as good travel advice. I pretty much read it cover to cover when I wasn't wandering around the city.

message 12: by Kassandra (new)

Kassandra | -1 comments Happy New Year all! I can't believe the readathon is over already. Hopefully everyone got a chance to catch up on some great reads and get set for 2016, it's going to be a great year!

message 13: by Kassandra (new)

Kassandra | -1 comments Thanks for taking part all - we will have plenty of more readathons to come in 2016.

message 15: by Renee, Mistress of the Mini-Challenge (new)

Renee M | 4727 comments Mod
Great Readathon, Kassandra!
It helped my finish off a couple of mini-challenges so I can start 2016 with a clean slate! (Well, mostly clean.) ;-D

message 16: by Sam F (new)

Sam F | 198 comments Great end of the year - yesterday I finished Somewhere Inside: One Sister's Captivity in North Korea and the Other's Fight to Bring Her Home and Epitaph.

Happy New Year to everyone!

message 17: by Kassandra (new)

Kassandra | -1 comments That's great Renee, I'm glad it was a success for you!

message 18: by Brenda (new)

Brenda (chocoholic1976) Well,I'm did not quite finish my book, Imagination First by Eric Liu, but I read more than I probably would have. It's an interesting read about fostering innovation and creativity. I have time today to read, so what a great way to start off the new year by finishing a book. Thanks for the motivation.

message 19: by Elizabeth (last edited Jan 01, 2016 12:43PM) (new)

Elizabeth | 14 comments Yes, thank you for the readathon! I didn't wind up finishing quite as many books as I'd hoped, but I'm on track to finish my first book of 2016 today, because of the readathon's headstart! :) Happy New Year, folks!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.