Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Void Indigo
This topic is about Void Indigo
Book Issues > Incorrect synopsis

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by mark (last edited Dec 08, 2015 08:05PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

mark monday (happy-end-of-the-world) | 6 comments Incorrect synopsis for Void Indigo
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9...

Synopsis is for another book, something called Starstruck.

Not really sure what should go in its place. Here's what's on the back cover (admittedly not the best summary of the book but I'm not sure what else to use):

"In a savage era before the dawn of history, four sorcerers committed a heinous crime of torture and murder - and they thought they got away with it. They're about to find out they were wrong."

*cringe*

thanks in advance to any helpful librarian willing to remove the incorrect synopsis for this book!

message 2: by Nurul (new)

Nurul Hanifah | 60 comments mark wrote: "Incorrect synopsis for Void Indigo

Not really sure what should go in its place...."

The ISBN was also for Starstruck. It's now updated and as I can't find other description, I've used the one you provided.

mark monday (happy-end-of-the-world) | 6 comments thank you very much!

message 4: by Nurul (new)

Nurul Hanifah | 60 comments mark wrote: "Incorrect synopsis for Void Indigo

Not really sure what should go in its place...."

updated with new ASIN and synopsis

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42444 comments Mod
Nurul wrote: "updated with new ASIN and synopsis "

Undone. Please never edit an existing book record to make it a different one.

And a new record instead.

message 6: by mark (last edited Dec 09, 2015 12:34AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

mark monday (happy-end-of-the-world) | 6 comments the Goodreads preference is to have an incorrect synopsis attached to a book? it's an odd decision to keep an incorrect book record as is. this particular synopsis is not only incorrect, it specifically lists an incorrect author and illustrator.

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

We don't replace a valid ISBN. I was a bit unclear about the relationship of the synopsis to the ISBN.

message 8: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

You're right about the synopsis. I undid that reversion. But the ISBN reversion stands.

message 9: by Nurul (new)

Nurul Hanifah | 60 comments rivka wrote: "We don't replace a valid ISBN. I was a bit unclear about the relationship of the synopsis to the ISBN."

Yes, it's a valid ISBN, but belonging to another completely different book. Is it okay?

message 10: by mark (last edited Dec 09, 2015 12:42AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

mark monday (happy-end-of-the-world) | 6 comments As far as the ISBN for this edition, it is listed as #0-87135-001-7 on my copy. the rest of the data is correct.

message 11: by Nurul (new)

Nurul Hanifah | 60 comments mark wrote: "As far as the ISBN for this edition, it is listed as #0-87135-001-7 on my copy. the rest of the data is correct."

I looked up at Amazon, and both ISBN belong to Starstruck, but if it's printed so on your copy, then it might be the correct one.

message 12: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Nurul wrote: "Yes, it's a valid ISBN, but belonging to another completely different book. Is it okay?"

Unfortunately, ISBNs sometimes get reused that way. There's a Note from several years ago saying that's the case here.

message 13: by Nurul (new)

Nurul Hanifah | 60 comments rivka wrote: "Nurul wrote: "Yes, it's a valid ISBN, but belonging to another completely different book. Is it okay?"

Unfortunately, ISBNs sometimes get reused that way. There's a Note from several years ago say..."

Yes, you're right. I've now recalled that particular issue.

message 15: by Rafael (new)

Rafael da Silva (morfindel) | 1363 comments All the links is to the same quote. And why it must be removed? And the most important: this thread is for other purpose.