Support for Indie Authors discussion

Fun > Comparison of spacecraft from various sci-fi sources

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dorsey (last edited Dec 08, 2015 05:29PM) (new)

Dorsey Jr. | 107 comments For all you geeks out there, which should be all of us. I thought you'd like this. A size comparison of various popular spacecraft from various tv shows, movies, and video games. I know nerd-gasims all over the place. http://sploid.gizmodo.com/neat-size-c...

The Executor is 10 miles long. Wrap your head around that!

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Jensen (kdragon) | 468 comments Now we just need to pit all these ships together in the ultimate fire fight and see who comes out the victor... if they don't end up destroying the universe in the process, that is.

message 3: by Dorsey (new)

Dorsey Jr. | 107 comments Melissa wrote: "Now we just need to pit all these ships together in the ultimate fire fight and see who comes out the victor... if they don't end up destroying the universe in the process, that is."

Now that would be a nice three hour movie to watch.

message 4: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) Dorsey wrote: "
Now that would be a nice three hour movie to watch."

Somewhere, Michael Bay is salivating. ;p

message 5: by Wisteria (new)

Wisteria Kitsune (wisteriakitsune) That was totally cool. Guess I should play halo; eve online has awesome graphics

message 6: by Micah (new)

Micah Sisk (micahrsisk) | 1042 comments That was a cool video. Nice to see it in 3D animation.

There have been some charts out there for ages on the same thing wich include a lot more ships, but they're more difficult to parse because they're not presented in a linear progression. Charts like this one:

http://www.chartgeek.com/wp-content/u...

message 7: by Dorsey (last edited Dec 09, 2015 07:16AM) (new)

Dorsey Jr. | 107 comments Micah wrote: "That was a cool video. Nice to see it in 3D animation.

There have been some charts out there for ages on the same thing wich include a lot more ships, but they're more difficult to parse because t..."

That's a lot of ships. It is a cool chart though.

message 8: by Anthony Deeney (new)

Anthony Deeney | 437 comments Very cool video.

Now we need to see them race and fight and do general cool space stuff e.g. Bi locate or fold space, go faster than light, time travel (that's the coolest) and maybe nuke a couple of planets (that's the meanest).

We could have a spaceship olympics!
;)

message 9: by Dorsey (new)

Dorsey Jr. | 107 comments Anthony wrote: "Very cool video.

Now we need to see them race and fight and do general cool space stuff e.g. Bi locate or fold space, go faster than light, time travel (that's the coolest) and maybe nuke a couple..."

I wonder what it would take to get the bulk of the different franchises to agree to a composite film or mini series for one big battle. It would even be cool to see a completely CG short.

message 10: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Jensen (kdragon) | 468 comments Dorsey wrote: "Anthony wrote: "Very cool video.

Now we need to see them race and fight and do general cool space stuff e.g. Bi locate or fold space, go faster than light, time travel (that's the coolest) and may..."

Or a video game. It would make for an interesting online game. Something where you could either do mass battles, one on one, or something similar to capture the flag where you have to protect a planet or base. And the more points you rack up the more you're able to earn perks such as better shields or the ability to form an armada to take on bigger ships.

message 11: by Dorsey (last edited Dec 09, 2015 04:51PM) (new)

Dorsey Jr. | 107 comments Melissa wrote: "Dorsey wrote: "Anthony wrote: "Very cool video.

Now we need to see them race and fight and do general cool space stuff e.g. Bi locate or fold space, go faster than light, time travel (that's the c..."

Now that would be cool. I'd love to be a Raptor MKI taking on an X-Wing. Or a Cylon Raider taking on a Tie fighter

message 12: by Dorsey (last edited Dec 09, 2015 05:29PM) (new)

Dorsey Jr. | 107 comments Christina wrote: "Dorsey wrote: "
Now that would be a nice three hour movie to watch."

Somewhere, Michael Bay is salivating. ;p"

I could see Bay doing that.

message 13: by Anthony Deeney (new)

Anthony Deeney | 437 comments Hey, they forgot the Tardis. An old 1950's police box. Has to be the smallest... or is it?