Kids/Teens Book Club discussion

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jade~Lover (new)

Jade~Lover (dazhanijade) | 27 comments Is it a bad idea to give someone your email address so you could talk to them personally?

message 2: by Lynne (new)

Lynne Stringer | 115 comments Depends if it's your private email address or a work-related one. I've got a specific 'author' email address and I give that out all the time, because it's how people contact me to ask for professional editing.

message 3: by johanna, soliloquist. (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 11500 comments Mod
I have two email addresses too; one that I give to people I know in day to day life, and the other to internet friends or people I haven't met. Just be sure you trust the person and are comfortable talking to them! Especially if your email address includes your full name (it pays to check what information you have on your account that can be given out to contacts). There are private messages you can use to converse on most websites if you don't feel comfortable giving out your email.

message 4: by Jade~Lover (new)

Jade~Lover (dazhanijade) | 27 comments Yeah. I have a lot of emails and I was going to create one for my friends here on goodreads... Basically talking about other things than books you know. Everyday life things... . Is this a good idea?

message 5: by johanna, soliloquist. (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 11500 comments Mod
Jade wrote: "Yeah. I have a lot of emails and I was going to create one for my friends here on goodreads... Basically talking about other things than books you know. Everyday life things... . Is this a good idea?"

Yeah, that can be good! But you can also use the private messaging system for the same thing.

message 6: by Jade~Lover (new)

Jade~Lover (dazhanijade) | 27 comments Oh really! How?

message 7: by Doctor Who Fan (new)

Doctor Who Fan I♥♥DW | 54 comments Jade wrote: "Oh really! How?"

If you are on a computer, look at the top right corner of the webpage. There is a little mail symbol. Click on that. Click compose. Add the username of the person you want to talk to and write the message. TADA! Another way is going onto a friend's profile, click send a message, and TADA!

I don't know how you would do it from a phone though...

message 8: by Jade~Lover (new)

Jade~Lover (dazhanijade) | 27 comments Lol. Thanks! Im on a tablet so either way it should work!