ThatOneReader's Book Club discussion

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary ♥ (new)

Mary ♥ (sortofafairytale) | 593 comments Mod
Heyy guys!!
Did you like Cinder?
Cinderella is not my favorite fairy tale of all but I really love the way Cinder is created xD

message 2: by Alesandra (new)

Alesandra (buyanearthquake) | 80 comments I love that it is set in New Beijing and the fact that she is a cyborg and the best mechanic and all. It's not something you find everyday...Cinderella isn't my favorite either but Cinder doesn't feel forced at all.

message 3: by Mary ♥ (new)

Alesandra wrote: "I love that it is set in New Beijing and the fact that she is a cyborg and the best mechanic and all. It's not something you find everyday...Cinderella isn't my favorite either but Cinder doesn't f..."

I know, I adore the world building to be honest

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura (lanakilah) Yup! I don't like Cinderella actually... but I did enjoy Cinder very much ^^ the world building is fantastic!

message 5: by Mary ♥ (new)

I know, really clever. By the way guys, we start Magonia from the 10th okay?

message 6: by Alesandra (new)

Alesandra (buyanearthquake) | 80 comments Maybe we should create another thread where it states clearly that this is not exactly for this book club but because the book was cheap and we want to... I had the feeling that some people where confused.
But yeah! Looking forward to it! I have heard it's one of those "What-the-fuck-is-happening" kinda books and that sounds awesome. Also Neil Gaiman blurbed it, yay

message 7: by Mary ♥ (new)

xD I know, for both.I'll just send a message to you two, okay?

message 8: by Ella (new)

Ella Alaniz (warning--known--fangirl) | 1 comments Cinder is amazing! I love retellings! And Cinder is done so amazingly. I love the whole cast of characters.

message 9: by Elisa (new)

Elisa The-Bookie-Monster (the-bookie-monster) | 135 comments This is only my second retelling and I like this a ton more than Dorothy Must Die

message 10: by Ehlana (new)

Ehlana (candyylanaa) | 74 comments what I really love about Cinders setting and her world is how new it is hut yet so familiar.. (if you can even understand that lol!!) the Author wrote Sailor Moon Fanfiction and I can kinda see some elements of it~ and honestly I just love Cinder tbh and Kai...yeah just Kai.

message 11: by Mary ♥ (new)

Ehlana wrote: "what I really love about Cinders setting and her world is how new it is hut yet so familiar.. (if you can even understand that lol!!) the Author wrote Sailor Moon Fanfiction and I can kinda see som..."

Awww Sailor Moon is awesome<3